Would I be a candidate for cheek enhancement?

I feel that my cheekbones don't project a lot from the front of my face. I feel this gives me a harsh aged look. What do you think? Considering Voluma.

Cheek enhancement is something that can be done as a minimally invasive procedure.  I prefer fillers such as Bellafill that is essentially permanent, or using your own fat for natural fat transfer to the face.  The cheek enhancement is done in combination with treating hollows under and above the eye, in the hollow at the temples with extension into the hairline that can produce a remarkable chance.  The lower face augmentation is usually done at the same time.  In my hands, fat is the most cost effective, especially if you have some unwanted fat that needs to be removed.  However, we usually loose about 50% of the fat during the transfer process, so you can look a little overdone for up to eight weeks as some of the fat resorbs during the transplant process.  This doesn't happen with Bellafill, but it can be much more expensive.Good luck,Dr. Seare

Carlsbad Plastic Surgeon

Cheek augmentation with Voluma

In my experience, Voluma has been a great product for enhancing cheek projection, and it can be placed in such a way as to add volume and soften angles to reduce a harsh aged look.  Restylane Lyft and Sculptra are other fillers to consider.

Lawrence Osman, MD

Am I a Candidate for Cheek Enhanncement?

Cheek projection, definition, and contour can be improved with the injection of fat or fillers or the placement of implants. Consult with an experienced surgeon who does a lot of facial aesthetic procedures to evaluate you, describe options, and establish reasonable goals.

Facial Sculpting/ Cheek Augmentation - Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat

Cheeks can be augmented with fillers, fat or implants. I suggest you see an expert for treatment options based on your facial structure. Best, Dr. Emer

Cheek enhancement with cheek implants

Cheek implants offer a permanent augmentation and midface and cheek area when there is a flat maxilla and a flat cheek profile to start with. Fillers only offer a temporary solution and must be repeated often. Cheek implants are composed of Silastic, and  are manufactured in a large variety of sizes( small, medium, and large) and a variety of shapes( malar, sub-malar, and combined). The size and the shape is usually determined at the time of the consultation and examination, since both the maxilla and the implants are three-dimensional structures. Cheek implants  are placed through an  intra-oral incision directly above the teeth, and are placed  in a sub--periosteal pocket directly over the bone under  a brief general anesthetic as an outpatient surgical procedure. For many examples, diagrams of the implants and more information, please see the link and the video below

Candidates for cheek enhancement

Cheek enhancement is growing in popularity to improve the contours of the face. With excellent products like Juvederm Voluma and Restylane Lyft, a safe deep injection in the right areas of the cheek can produce projection and even recruit some of the skin hanging below. 

I like the filler injections because they produce a predicable and reversible result. There is little to no downtime. It also lasts 2 years.

Cheek implants produce a long-lasting result. It is a surgery, so consider downtime in the equation. 

I recommend having a consultation with a surgeon who can present both non-surgical and surgical options to produce a safe and happy outcome for you.

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Possible candidate for cheek enhancement

Augmentation of the cheeks can be accomplished with surgically placed implants or injectable fillers, such as Voluma.  Sometimes one method may work better for a patient than the other.  An examination of you or at least photographs of you would be needed to give you further advice.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers or facial implants over the past 30 years. Non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

Hope this helps.