Do I need breast lift or only implants? (Photo)

Lift or Just Implants?

Your photo shows that you have a significantly deflated breast with a good deal of skin laxity and an enlarged areola. Your breasts are also ptotic (sagging) and you may really benefit from a breast lift. It is difficult to tell without seeing you in person and you may be a borderline situation. In that case, some patients can get a  reasonable looking outcome with just an implant, but your breast will be positioned low on your chest without much upper pole fullness unless a relatively large implant is used. This is generally not a good option in patients with thin tissues, and the implant will be prone to early southward migration over time. So while patients are understandably not enthusiastic about the extra scars associated with a lift, in the long run the overall results are much better despite the extra scar.

Lift or Just Implants?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Do I need breast lift or only implants?

it is hard to tell from your photo how much your breasts overhang the crease under your breast...the inframammary crease. If the breasts are too overhanging, then they will hang off the implant and you would need a lift. If you want your areola's to be smaller, then you would need a lift to accomplish that.  If your breasts are not overhanging more than a centimeter or two past the crease and you do not want smaller areolae, then a lift would not be required. So an in-person careful physical examination would be helpful in determining what would be needed.

Do I need breast lift or only implants?

Breast lift or only implants?

Thank you for the photos.  Please remember to have reasonable expectations.  From what is seen here, it looks like you would benefit from a lift for the ptosis, (droop and extra skin), along with an augmentation, (for volume and upper pole fullness).  An examination may help make a final decision as to type of lift.   Best to see a few Board Certified Plastic Surgeons.

Breast lift or only implants?

Breast Lift and Implants or Just Implants?

This seems to be an age old question.  From your photos, it appears that you have simple volume loss from pregnancy but a few simple measurements will tell you.  If you measure form the notch above your sternum to your nipples and the distance is 23 cm or more, then you would need a lift.  If not, then you would need to simply add the volume back with a breast augmentation.  A small lift, even if your measurements do not exceed 23 cm, would give you a little tighter breast envelop and make your areolas smaller at tha same time if that is a concern.  I hope that helps.  Best regards.

Breast Lift with Implants

Hi Naymani!!  Please put an index card in your breast fold. If your nipple is at the edge of the card or below, then you would be a candidate for a lift, either a vertical or anchor or areolar incision. If your nipple is above the edge, you could be a candidate for an internal lift called the dual plane. The video below explains the dual plane internal lift.  I also attached an article from a peer-reviewed journal to give you an even better idea.  I believe the dual plane and implants alone will do it for you, and that you will not need a lift. Be sure to seek a consultation with a BC PS to be sure. All the best, “Dr. Joe”

Breast Lift with Implants

If you don't need perfection

and don't want the scars, I would only recommend starting with an augmentation first.  You can always add on the lift if needed.  And if using large implants, even less likelihood to need a lift.

If you don't need perfection

Do I need breast lift or only implants?

If you are okay with your breast size but want a nicer shape, then you would likely do well with just a lift.  A lift would improve your shape and improve the position of your nipple.  I would also recommend making the areolar smaller.  It will make your breast look nicer.If you want to be larger, then augmentation with either an implant or fat transfer would be recommended.  You would likely need a lift in addition to the augmentation for the best aesthetic result.If you are on the fence about your size, I would recommend having a lift.  You can always go larger in the future if desired.

Do I need breast lift or only implants?

In person exam

From these photos, you may get a result you are happy with by having a straight forward breast augmentation but will need to be seen in person to determine if a lift is necessary. Please seek an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Be sure to express your goals and expectations to your chosen surgeon. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area
#realself #drdeanvistnes #breastlift #breastaugmentation

In person exam

Dean Vistnes
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

Do I need breast lift or only implants?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photo which shows breast sagging, it appears that you would benefit from a limited breast lift with implants.  An in person exam would be required to confirm the best course.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck.

Do I need breast lift or only implants?

Breast lift considerations #plasticsurgery

I would advocate for a breast lift with areolar reduction and augmentation using a reasonably sized submuscular silicone implant.