Botox for hyperhidrosis at the temples? (Photo)

The sides of my head sweat a lot. Can Botox be used in this area? Could an underlying condition be causing me to sweat so much?

Botox for Sweating

Thank you for your question. Yes, definitely Botox can be used to help eliminate sweating in the temples. It can also be used in the forehead, armpits and hands. Botox can last 3-4 months. Please consult with an expert injector.

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Botox for sweating

Botox can be used for hyperhidrosis, otherwise known as excessive sweating.  This can be performed in the temporal region without concern providing you have an experienced injector.  Some patients choose to apply antiperspirant, but many decline due to the fragrance. Sweating in the temporal regions is common, and especially with long hair, but diffuse swelling over the body can be representative of a more involved medical condition.  If you're in the latter category I would recommend following up with your primary care provider. I hope this helps you to find the best answer for you.

Be healthy and be well,

James M. Ridgway, M.D., FACS

James M. Ridgway, MD, FACS
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for forehead / temple sweating

Great question! Botox can absolutely help with sweating in the temples and even up to and into the hairlines. This is a very popular treatment with my athletes who don't like sweating into their eyes.

Most temple sweating is normal, but if you are concerned that there may be a medical condition causing yours, be sure to touch base with your doctor so this can be evaluated.

Rebecca Gelber, MD
Incline Village Physician

Hyperhidrosis of the Temples

Hi and thanks for your question. Botox injection should work very well to stop your sweating in the temples. A relatively small amount is required and it should last a good long time - probably 6 months or more. Be sure to consult with an experienced injector. Hope that helps

BOTOX AND HYPERHIDROSIS

Botox can be injected just in the dermis is very small amount of units per injection and will decrease very effectively the sweating. Of course it is important first to check the cause of this excessive sweating in that particular area. Consult with a physician who has a lot of experience using Botox, to avoid side effects and get long lasting results

Botox for hyperhidrosis #plasticsurgery

Botox can be used to eliminate sweating in the temple, forehead, armpit and hands - its very effective and last for several months.

Botox for Hyperhidrosis of the Temples

Botox is the best treatment here. Oral pills can also be used but have systemic issues. See an expert for a formal evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer.

Hyperhidrosis for sweating on face

This can easily be done with very small doses of Botox in the dermis. I use a dilute form of the Botox for this. Infini can create a long term solution as well by destroying the sweat glands.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox is not a good idea for "temple" hyperhidrosis

I am not sure what the posted picture is meant to depict and why one would only have hyperhidrosis at temples. I would not recommend Botox to temples for this concern as it will weaken many muscles in the area and cause more problems and likely not improve abnormal sweating at the temples. Please consult a dermatologist to investigate your condition before considering treatment.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon