I have a birthmark around my right eye. Is there any thing I can do to fade or get rid of it? (photo)

Doctor Answers 2

Birthmark Removal Options with lasers, peels, microneedling/prp

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Birthmark removal require a series of treatments combining lasers, tattoo lasers, peels or microneedling/prp. I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a cosmetic dermatologist who is an expert in lasers. Best, Dr. Emer

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

Birthmark around eye

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi there, from your picture it is difficult to really see your birthmark. There are many excellent options using lasers to remove birthmarks. As you have dark skin, there may be some limitations to how much it can be totally removed with a laser and you may need a combination of peels and lightening creams. Find a reputable physician in your community to discuss your treatment options. Good luck!

Adaeze Okeke, MD
Houston Physician
5.0 out of 5 stars 4 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.