Would I benefit from liposuction? (photos)

Hello, I am a 24 year old female who underwent a mini tummy tuck a couple months ago. Although I can see that the loose skin was removed, I still have considerable thickness and bulging in my abdomen that was present before surgery and was not resolved by a mini tummy tuck. My stomach only looks somewhat flat when I haven't eaten but throughout the day I feel that I suffer from the "pregnant belly" look and significant bloating. Would liposuction help to flatten my stomach?

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting with or without Tummy Tuck

IF you had a tummy tuck and the skin is tight, VASER hi def contouring would do great for fat removal and definition. I suggest seeing an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

MINI TUMMY TUCK, LIPOSUCTION

Thanks for the query. It appears from your pictures that you could benefit from liposuction though only from a clinical examination the amount of fat that can be sucked out can be assessed. Since you are only 24 yrs, exercises and abdominal muscle toning should also help you additionally.

best wishes 

Dr Alexander

Alexander George, MCh
India Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction as a tummy tuck adjunct #plasticsurgery

Liposuction can improve the results of a prior tummy tuck - the important question, which can only be answered with an in person examination, is if muscle laxity is contributing to your rounded abdominal contour - if that is the case, then muscle tightening may be required to improve the cosmetic result.

Liposuction of the stomach after a mini TT?

You appear in your photos to be a candidate for liposuction but the true test is to pinch a double layer of skin and determine the thickness of the underlying fat padding.  A mini tummy tuck allows for liposuction of the abdominal wall so it's disappointing if significant fat was left behind.  Internal visceral fat can only be reduced via diet and exercise.  Discuss options with your doctor and perhaps get a second opinion.Jon A Perlman MD FACS  Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery  Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016  Beverly Hills, Ca 

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Would I benefit from liposuction?

It would be best to have an in-person consultation with a careful examination in order to determine the cause of your abdominal protrusion. If you have excess thickness of subcutaneous fat (the fat that you can pinch), then you may be a good candidate for liposuction. Of course, liposuction does not tighten you skin (as a full tummy tuck would for your entire tummy, and a mini tummy tuck, as you already had, would for just your lower tummy). Another possible cause for protrusion of your tummy would be a stretching of your underlying abdominal wall fascia with separation of your rectus muscles (diastasis recti), usually from pregnancy. The fact that your protrusion worsens after eating and you complain of this "bloating" may indicate that this is a factor. This, if present, is treated by a fascial plication (or tightening of your abdominal wall) at the time of a tummy tuck. Another thing to keep in mind is that some lower abdominal swelling can persist for a few months after a tummy tuck due to the incision dividing the lymphatic channels that drain tissue fluids from your tummy. At night the tissue fluid can drain upwards since you are lying flat, and during the day they drain downward by gravity but cannot cross the incision until the new lymphatics across the incision are established. So if your swelling or fullness comes and goes, some of this may be due to the above and improve over time. Again, an examination would be helpful in determining what is the cause of your persistent abdominal fullness. 

Liposuction Candidate

Hello, thanks for your inquiry and for sending your picture. It is too soon to give you a proper advice, You should wait for at least 4 more months. Still it is important that you have another physical consultation in order to find out if you have just fat or if it is also a protruding abdominal muscle wall. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Would I benefit from liposuction?

It's a good question. Since you've had a procedure within the last two months, I think it important to wait longer to judge your final result. I would wait until you six months out from surgery to judge your final result.Based upon the appearance of your tummy, it seems that you could be a good candidate for liposuction. You appear to have good skin quality. One of the main factors when deciding whether to do liposuction is the thickness of the fat that is underneath your skin. Liposuction will not tighten the upper abdomen, or remove fat that is below the six pack muscles. If there are issues, express your concerns to your plastic surgeon.

Getting liposuction

Based on your pictures and your previous procedure you appear to be an ideal candidate for liposuction. The ideal candidates for liposuction have a tight skin excessive amounts of subcutaneous fat in undesirable areas,  no underlying conditions such as muscle separation from previous pregnancies or excessive amounts of intra-abdominal fat. I suggest consulting with several board-certified plastic surgeon's who have extensive experience with liposuction. The results of liposuction for a highly operator dependent.  My practice is devoted exclusively to body contouring using various forms of liposuction and fat transfer. The actual type of liposuction has little impact with your final results but who does the procedure can make all the difference. Look for consistent good results in before and after pictures of patients who have similar body profiles to your own. Doctors online reputations should be checked on multiple websites. Look for doctors who have equal distribution of reviews on multiple websites with consistent scores and number of reviews. Be wary of doctors with an excessive amount of reviews on a single website but few reviews on others. Self-promotion that's not equal surgical talent. I personally performance liposuction without the use of general anesthesia and find is beneficial for multiple reasons. The main reasons include much improved results, faster recovery, improve safety, lower costs etc. Best of luck, Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Benefit from Liposuction

You are still early in the healing stage, and you should not judge your results for at least 6 months. At that time, consult with your surgeon as he or she knows the scope of the surgery and the specifics about you.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Swelling

Hi swelling is normal and you must wait 6 months for you to see final results. Compression is key make sure your wearing a garment that helps with compression. That should help with the swelling your experiencing. After 6 months you should follow up with your doctor if you still look bloated. Hope this helps.

Paul C. Dillon, MD