bbl/tt How long I between the two surgeries should I wait ? What can expect the day after surgery/ healing process ? (photos)

Is it easier for me to add more volume to my Bbl or take away from my bbl when I get my Tummy tuck ? Incase I'm unhappy with my results ? ( too big or too small ) I Included pictures of bbl from various surgeons websites that I feel have a similar shape as me , are these results realistic for me ? does my BBL include body contouring ? I really love how lower back and flanks are contoured in these photos . I'm hoping to achieve as much fullness and width ( side butt ) as possible .

TT and Lipo at the same time

The TT and Lipo + BBL are procedures that can be combined very safely and provides the best results.   Looking at your wish photos and your photos I would say you are a very good candidate for the procedures and to have a very similar results.  Remember that the final outcome depends on many factors and one of the most important factor is skin quality.  Have a great day. 

BBL and Tummytuck, how long to wait in between surgeries?

Hi 206425,

Thanks for your question and photos. I would not wait at all. Both these operations can be routine done at the same time. You can safely perform a BBL, and tummy tuck without issues. It certainly takes longer but it can be done together without two recoveries. However, you are correct in knowing that if a revision needs to be done it can be done easier if surgeries are done separately. I would see several board certified plastic surgeons that do them separately  and together so you understand what is best for you. It is seldom the case that rear ends up being too big. If that is the case, a simple in office touch up can take care of that! Good Luck, you should end up with an excellent result but remember that everyones body is different and without a proper physical exam, it is hard to say what you may look like ultimately!

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS
@BBL @tummytuck @hips 
facebook @breastdoctor
twitter @docmata
instagram #drcarlosmata

BBL

Not all patients will get the results that are in the photos. Those are often posted as "best" photos not necessarily an average result. Best of luck.

Bbl/tt How long I between the two surgeries should I wait ? What can expect the day after surgery/ healing process?

I like to separate tummy tuck and BBL procedures. Overall, this procedure should be separated by 3-6 months. The BBL procedures performed first, followed by the tummy tuck.

Most patients do not complain of being too large. You're exactly right that BBL does include body contouring. Fat is harvested from the entire abdomen, upper back, flanks, and sometimes the thighs. The back and flank liposuction narrows the waistline to give a beautiful curve between the waist, hips and buttocks. When the tummy tuck is performed, the abdominal wall is tightened. This narrows the waistline even more.

The recovery from a BBL procedure requires wearing a garment for 3-6 weeks and avoiding pressure on the buttocks for 3-4 weeks. A pillow is used under the thighs to relieve pressure on the buttocks when sitting.

The recovery from a tummy tuck procedure also involves wearing a garment for 3-6 weeks. Tightening the abdominal wall, which helps flatten the tummy and narrow the waistline, needs extra time to heal. In order to make sure that things heal nicely, patients cannot lift more than 10 pounds for six weeks. They are welcome to walk, but vigorous cardiovascular exercise in weightlifting should be put off until the six week mark.

When considering a BBL and tummy tuck surgery, make sure to have consultations with board-certified plastic surgeons. 

Good luck with the process.

Multiple procedures, recovery and expected results

I don't think you need to worry about your Brazilian being too big.

This is rarely the case.

Patients being disappointed with not having enough volume long term is a much more likely scenario.

In my opinion it's generally better to do the BBL before the abdominoplasty.

This will give the surgeon and opportunity to do some revision work on the BBL if needed.

I would not recommend having an abdominoplasty sooner than six months after a BBL if liposuction is done on the abdomen as part of their BBL.

Liposuction creates scar tissue that needs time to mature.

Performing an abdominoplasty before the scar tissue has matured will substantially limit the results from the abdominoplasty.

The pictures you have shown are not realistic.

I question if these pictures have not been Photoshop. Take your finger and push against your waist until you can feel your muscle layer.

Did not expect body contouring to bring your waist in any fitter than this.
Liposuction only removes fat.

It has no impact on the musculoskeletal structure of someone's body.

And abdominoplasty can tighten the front of the abdomen and potentially bring in the waste to a certain extent. All too often before and after pictures of Brazilians are taken early after the procedure.

Patients often lose substantial amount of volume over the first six months.

The results usually look dramatically more impressive a month or two after the procedure.

Find a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon to help you make a game plan and review realistic before and after pictures.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD