How would the area of a text tattoo be charged? (photo)

I know everywhere is different, but would it typically be every square inch, or would it be less because there is so much blank space?I have a chest piece tattoo which is just lettering. 9" across, about 1.5" height, 2" at the longest parts. Not looking forward to paying for 12-18 sq. inches. D:Thank you for your assistance.

​ PicoSure price varies

Thank you for your question. At my practice we use the PicoSure laser for tattoo removal. It is the latest technology and I think one of the best in tattoo removal. It is able to target pigments that previous lasers were not able to treat because the wavelengths it operates has the ability to target and shatter even the smallest of ink particles. Its advanced technology successfully removes nearly any pigment color from nearly any skin type or skin color. The price for the procedure cannot be determined by looking at a photo. PicoSure cost varies according to factors such as the size, how densely the tattoo was placed and the number of sessions you will need. Black is one of the easiest colors to remove. Typically most patients need at least 3-6 sessions for optimal results. If you are interested in the procedure, I suggest consulting with a qualified provider for a full in-person consultation.

Tattoo Removal -- Pico/Q Switched Laser

Tattoos should be removed with q switched or pico lasers, we will often combine with fractional lasers to help speed the process. No matter the device it will take several treatments to see the outcome depending on your response and the technology. Unfortunately, cost cannot be determined without an in person evaluation. Please consult with a laser expert. Best, Dr. Emer