Which area is more complicated: the i/o/f thighs or circumferential waist? (Photo)

Two questions based on the photos below and these measurements: Lt thigh=21.25", Rt thigh=22.5", Waist at belly button=30.5", Hips=37", 62" Ht., 124 lbs, 52 yo, BMI =22-24. 1) What awake lipo techniques would you do? 2) Which area is more complicated the i/o/f thigh or circumferential waist?

Liposuction of the waist is less complex than thigh liposuction

In my experience (1000+ cases of tumescent liposuction) - liposuction of the thighs needs to be done conservatively and cautiously - removing too much fat from the thighs can result in a 'dent' or contour irregularity that is very difficult to fix. The waist, on the other hand, can be treated with more favorable results in most cases.

Which area is more complicated: the I/o/f thigh or circumferential waist?

Thank you for your question and photos. You have a rectangular torso with little curves. Based on the photos, you are a great candidate for VASER Hi Def Lipo. Even at 52, this will give you a youthful, athletic body. The thighs are more challenging especially in the medial thighs. The anterior bulging can be reduced with deep liposuction only, to avoid grooving. I would not suction the outer thighs, since it would take feminine curves away and make you look more manly. This is a mistake I keep correcting in my growing redo body sculpting practice. First one has to define and understand what is beautiful before you can deliver or unmask it. See a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in advanced body sculpting techniques for an in person consultation/evaluation. Good luck.

Which Area More Complicated?

Each area has it's unique set of complexities which is why it is more important to focus on the surgeons training, experience, and certification rather than any specific technique. The final results are also very much dependant on skin elasticity and at 52 it would be expected that yours would be somewhat diminished. The medial thigh area in particular is predisposed to diminished skin elasticity so it is an area that needs to be approached cautiously. You seem to be indicating that you are looking to treat you anterior thigh as well. This is another area that has unique challenges because liposuction of the fat in this area is very prone to visible irregularities. Finally, awake techniques can limit how thoroughly the fat is contoured, and therefore be a limitation to your results.

Thigh and waist liposuction complexity?

Neither area is complex for anyone experienced in liposuction surgery.  It is not important which technique the surgeon uses as much as it is dependent upon your surgeon's judgment and skill.   What is also important is whether you have good skin tone or lax skin with poor tone and elasticity.  Meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options and to what degree you can expect your problem areas improved.  Good luck and enjoy your results. Regards,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Liposuction - are thighs or waist more complicated?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• Great question - the thighs are more challenging because their shape and anatomy are more complex.
  • In your case, I would use either regular or pulsatile liposuction.
  • You are tall, thin and look in very good shape.
  • Be sure at your consultation to discuss the issue of loose skin but with little fat to remove, I doubt that wil be an issue - unless the skin is loose already.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Which area is more complicated: the i/o/f thighs or circumferential waist

Thank you for your question. None of the areas are really complex. Results depending on your quality of tissues especially skin, surgeon's skill and your realistic expectations. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation.

Thank you for the photos and question and all of the areas you have mentioned are commonly done and it is more about what bothers you and what you would like to change 

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD