I'm 5' 4", 125 lbs, 34+1 woman.My thighs are thicker compared to my upper body. (photos)

Not looking for thigh gaps or toothpic legs! What I'd like to know is if liposuction and/or thigh lift of the inner thighs from the knee up will help me achieve a more proportionate look. I went under a procedure called "bodytite" 6 years ago that didn't do much for me. Second, a nurse practitioner working with a plastic surgeon told me I'm not a good candidate for thigh lift because my skin quality is good. Is it? I've been also plagued with cellulite, ripple lines and stretch marks since high school so I'm also considering Cellfina.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- YOU MAY HAVE LIPEDEMA

You may have lipedema and need an expert to treat this area.  Liposuction, cellfina, fat transfer all can help to contour.  If you have loose skin a thigh lift will be needed.  Calves can be treated with liposuction.  Best, Dr. Emer.

A combination of treatments is best for you

I see from your photos that you are trim with just a slight lack of contour and some dimpling. Cellfina would definitely help with the buttocks and posterior thighs. A conservative liposuction procedure of your inner thighs and inner knees would improve the "taper" of your legs. Regarding a thigh lift, I hardly ever recommend that procedure to anyone because I think the scars can be hideous! As a woman, I recommend a safe conservative approach to blend the shape of your legs and smooth your skin.

Diana L. Elias, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Cellfina is great for treatment of Cellulite that is dimpled.  Liposuction certainly can improve those areas where you would more shape.  Skin laxity is always the toughest to deal with because it will dictate a great deal about the results.

Cellfina improvement and other treatments for legs and thighs

Cellfina improvement and other treatments for legs and thighsUsed on moderate to severe cellulite of the buttock and thighs, Cellfina works by treating the rubber-band-like connective tissue that causes cellulite. When these “rubber bands” under the skin are cut, the fat trapped underneath in dimples “snaps” back into place, creating a full, smooth appearance.
The inner thigh may respond to liposuction and surgery.  Ultrashape , vela 3 and thermismooth may also help to improve these areas   See an expert for an opinion

Considering Cellfina

Based on the pictures you submitted, you appear to be a good candidate for Cellfina treatment of the buttocks and upper posterior thighs. Arrange a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon near you experienced with Cellfina. In examining you, they will evaluate the quality of your skin and discuss options for a treatment plan to help you.

Candidate for Cellfina

Your cellulite problem is a common one. Fortunately, finally there are effective ways to minimize this problem. Perhaps the least invasive one is  Cellfina™. Cellfina is the only FDA-cleared minimally invasive, one-time procedure clinically proven to improve the appearance of cellulite for at least two years—the longest FDA-cleared duration for a cellulite treatment. A straightforward solution to cellulite, Cellfina™, combines a proven approach with innovative, proprietary technology, to produce precise, long-lasting results and has a high satisfaction rating on RealSelf. Together with Velashape 3, a non invasive procedure to help "shrink wrap the skin" and further minimize cellulite as a combination treatment is perhaps your best chance for taking care of this tough problem. Cellulaze is also a possible treatment but much more invasive

Cellfina Assessment

In regards to a surgical intervention such as thigh lift/liposuction, it would be in your best interest to undergo an in depth consultation with your surgeon to discuss expectations and outcome.  Regarding Cellfina, patients with the best outcome typically have primary cellulite which is caused by fibrous bands pulling down on the skin creating a dimpled appearance.  Cellfina is typically used to treat the buttocks, upper back of the thighs, and upper sides of the thighs.  The lower portion of the thighs does not typically respond well to Cellfina treatment. If your main concern is volume and/or laxity, I would recommend seeking further consultation for surgical intervention.  If dimpling to the buttocks/upper thighs is your main concern, I would consider a consultation for Cellfina treatment.  Whichever route you decide to pursue, I always recommend a consult to discuss downtime and expectations. 

M. Bradley Calobrace, MD, FACS

Cellfina/Cellulite Treatment/Ultherapy/Thermi RF/Body Contouring/ Hi Definition Procedures

Thank you for your question.Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women. It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied. Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment. It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks. It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser.  If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina. Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years.  Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure.  It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding. It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or Ulthera if skin tightening is needed. We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding. It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office. Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals.  Take care, Dr. Schwartz  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon