What has happened here? Doctor wont tell me. Can this be fixed? (Photo)

doctor was supposed to do fat repositioning only,but as i woke up on the table he told me he was going to sew up the inside of my eyes so it wouldnt (look funny)then when i asked him what he had done he would not tell me.can a medial canthoplasty be done...he did the loer lids only

Bags after lower eyelid surgery

It is unclear from the limited information in your post how or why this occurred. It could be that only the medial fat pad was sutured to the deep cheek fat so the outer half of the bag did not change. It could be that you are still swollen after surgery and this will look better after some months. It is too bad that your communication with your surgeon is less than you want. Your best bet is to mend your relationship with your surgeon and give this some time to heal. The good news is there is no obvious or visible damage that cannot be reversed.

What kind of surgery was performed?

Thank you for sharing your question and photo. It appears that you had lower blepharoplasty performed without enough fat removed. See an experienced Oculoplastic Surgeon who will perform comprehensive evaluation and discuss potential treatment options. 
Good luck,

Unusual appearance

Its difficult to tell what was done during the procedure.  It looks like the medial and
middle fat protrusions were treated but I don't understand why the lateral areas 
are more swollen.  I don't know how far along you are in your recovery and don't
know if the lateral areas are due to fat transposition.  I don't see how a medial canthoplasty
would help.  He know what was done in the first place so if something needs to be reversed,
he would be the best one to do it.  If you still are not satisfied and are fairly along in your post op,
seeking another opinion is worthwhile.

Brian K. Machida, MD, FACS
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post Operative Lower Eyelid Blepharoplasty

Dear colleensmall, I would suggest requesting a copy of your operative report and seek a secondary opinion with another specialist in your area. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

You need a second opinion

with an experienced oculoplastic surgeon and a copy of your operative report from your original surgeon.  You had something done but its really hard to tell from your photos just what you had done.

Curtis Wong, MD

Lower eyelid lumpiness

You should seek a second from a trusted plastic surgeon in your area.  You are entitled to a copy of your operative report which you can request from you first surgeon.  Take it with you.

Richard O. Gregory, MD

Post op lower lid bleph

It looks like the medial fat was repositioned as that area looks smoother.  The lateral part of the lid is still puffy so there is probably some fat there that could be removed with a revision surgery.    

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

blepharoplasty

I think your are talking about the lower lids.  Hard to tell what was done.  However, I suspect you might have had transconjunctival bleph.  I think if I were to have seen you I would have done a subcilliary skin muscle flap approach.  Would allow good elevation of the malar fat pad to be placed over fat liberated with septal reset.  This would yield nice blend of lid-cheek junction.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Lower Eyelid Surgery Results

The pictures you have show some unevenness but are not good enough to go beyond that in regards as to what happened.  Much more information is needed.

However, you have a right to obtain a copy of your operation report so that you can get other opinions.  I would suggest you see some very experienced plastic or oculoplastic surgeons to further discuss your problems.

Robert J. Spies, MD
Paradise Valley Plastic Surgeon