How hard would it be to correct my breasts? Would I need another breast lift to correct size and uneven nipples? (Photo)

Had breast lift and tummy tuck without lipo 3 months ago. Breast are not what I expected. Tummy tuck was ok but I think I should of gotten lipo to achieve a waist. hesitant on getting anything fixed but really not happy!

Revision mommy makeover?

Hello 83Rose. Thanks for your question. I see the issue you mentioned and can see that you could achieve improvement in breast symmetry and even a smaller waistline. Here is Scottsdale, we get a lot of patients who travel for revision surgery because we have become a hub for plastic surgery. It seems to me that you will have to redo the breast incisions along the vertical parts of the breasts and the areola to re-tighten the breasts and improve symmetry. For the waist, I often opt for liposuction all the way around the waistline (front and back) which helps with creating an hourglass shape and then redo the tummy tuck with removal of excess skin and lowering of the skin incision as far as it will go on the body. I know this is a start, but I certainly hope it helps. Best, Dr. ALDO

How hard would it be to correct my breasts? Would I need another breast lift to correct size and uneven nipples

Thank you for submitting your question.  I would wait at east 6 months for the swelling to subside.  Breasts and abdomen will change over time.  If this was a photo taken at 6 months then i would recommend a revision breast lift with liposuction of the flanks and lower back to help accentuate the waist.  Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon. Best Wishes. 

Results

I am sorry that you are unhappy with your results. I would advise you to wait until you are 6 months post op and then, if you still don't like what you see, schedule an appointment with your surgeon to discuss revision options. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Possible Revision Breast Surgery

I am sorry that you are not happy with your results.  Liposuction can be done following a tummy tuck, and the breast lift can be revised if you desire.  I would start by discussing your concerns with your surgeon. If you feel that your surgeon understands your concerns, knows your expectations, and is confident that your expectations can be met, then I would continue with that surgeon.  If any of those factors are not best, you may want to seek out other opinions with board certified plastic surgeons (but again, start with your own surgeon as they know you best). Best of luck!

Revision surgery

Sorry that you are not happy with your outcome.
Although you should wait for another 3 months for your body to fully heal from the mommy makeover, you will benefit from revision surgery.
Your breasts are asymmetric in size/shape and nipple location; liposuction may help with side contour.
Please share your concern with your plastic surgeon and discuss the possible surgical options and timing.
Best regards.

Disappointed MM

Do speak with your PS and discuss the areas of dissatisfaction. Share pics of women whose height and weight are comparable to yours, (check the Realself gallery) so your objectives are clear. The #augmentation-mastopexy is a tough op because there are so many objectives which must be met: size, volume, positioning, scar length, softness, symmetry, preservation of sensation, etc.  In the best hands, there may be need for some revision.  Most of us PS are neurotically invested in our work and desire to meet our patients' expectations.  Allow time, at least 6-9months post-op for interval wound healing resolution of edema above the suprapubic scar.  Some PS are reluctant to offer lipo-abdominoplasty, however it is a valid technique for sculpting a waist in healthy individuals. Good luck.

Lavinia K. Chong, MD

Breast asymmetry

Thank you for the question and the photos.  I see the following asymmetry with regards to your breasts:
  • breast volume asymmetry
  • nipple position asymmetry
A revision breast lift with a partial reduction of the larger breast would address these issues.  Another option would be to perform liposuction of the abdomen and sides which you desire and would benefit your waist shape and then instead of reducing the larger breast during the revision, placing the fat removed from the abdomen into the smaller breast for a small, natural augmentation.

I hope this helps,

Dr. Remsu Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Correction of breast asymmetry after mommy makeover.

If things go on changed it looks as though surgical revision would be necessary including slight reduction of the right breast. However the scars are still very biologically active and resolution of swelling might actually make the asymmetries improve.