Have Does Sculptra Work?

I want to have my face liftede by putting in filler. what is the best to use where? sculture, perlane jeverderm

Sculptra and Liquid Face lift

If you are looking for a face lift then the best combination of fillers is likely Sculptra with some combination of Botox and Restylane.  Sculptra is great in that it naturally builds up collagen in your body to replace lost volume. You might also consider Thermage to tighten up the skin.  Thermage in connection with the fillers should rejuvenate you.

How does Sculptra work?

It really depends on your individual circumstances, and an in-person exam would be necessary to give you the best advice.

Sculptra is different from fillers like Juvederm and Restylane because it gradually corrects facial wrinkles and can last for up to two years. Sculptra targets the underlying cause of aging. It works by reinforcing your skin’s structure as it replaces lost collagen. This reinforced collagen structure provides a foundation that gradually restores volume and lifts the face.

Juvederm, Restylane and Perlane are hyaluronic acid gel fillers approved by the FDA to effectively soften superficial or deep folds and wrinkles on your face. Some of the areas fillers can treat are as follow:

1) Smile lines (nasolabial folds)
2) Marionette lines
3) Nose shaping
4) Under eye circles, tear troughs
5) Temples

I would recommend a consult with an experienced injector to determine what you may benefit from.

Treatment of facial aging with Sculptra and Ulthera - Los Angeles

Sculptra is a stimulatory filler that stimulates collagen production. I use Sculptra alongside Ulthera to enhance results.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Sculptra "liquid facelift"

Often sculptra to the entire face is referring to as a liquid face lift. Restoration of lost volume in the face and recreation of natural contours can create lift and natural balance in the aging face. The choice of filler often depends on multiple factors including the amount of volume and lift needed, the areas to be filled,skin type and thickness and other factors. I like to use sculptra in the following areas to create lift - the temples, along cheekbones, the lateral lower cheek and in front of the ears, along the jawline, in hollowed cheeks and sometime in the chin. I often combine sculptra with other fillers to achieve the best result - Sculptra in the lateral face and a hyaluronic filler such as juvederm or restylane in the medial cheeks and chin. A physician experienced with filler can best advise you.

Which Dermal Fillers for "Lift"?

Hi Marilyn.  Using the word "lift" in the same sentence as dermal fillers can be tricky.  Although we do speak about something called a "Perlane Lift", the extent to which you can create lift in the face is limited with fillers.  In most cases, adding volume to the cheek area can help relieve pressure on the lower face - including the nasolabial folds around the mouth and the jowel area at the sides of the chin.  But to be clear, the lift created in these situations is minor relative to a facelift.

For larger volume work in the cheeks, we prefer Perlane, Radiesse or Sculptra.  Perlane and Radiesse will simply add volume whereas Sculptra can help you to regenerate collagen.  In that respect, we believe Sculptra - when done well - will give you the best re-contouring of the facial structure and most lift.  It also lasts the longest and is the most expensive. 

Take a look at the Perlane lift photos below.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Does Sculptra Work?

Sculptra does indeed work by adding volume to your face.  It is one of a number of great filler products.  There is not a single best filler, so go to an injector who is comfortable using a variety of products so that your result is custom to your face and aesthetic needs.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon