I had my stomach done and the coolsculpting machine shut off after 40 minutes.

The doctor came in and did 10 more minutes. It was about 15 minutes in between waiting, will I still get the full affect even if it shut off after 40 minutes?

Thank you for your question. Zeltiq recommends at least a 50 minutes treatment to achieve full results. If there is an error before this time, it would be best to repeat the treatment for another full 60 minutes. I would recommend speaking to your treating physician. Regards, 

CoolSculpting and Results

The results of coolsculpting are based on a full treatment protocol. You will get less outcome given you did not complete the cycle. Best, Dr. Emer.

CoolSculpting Treatment Time

The protocol for an effective treatment is at least a 50 minute treatment.  If the applicator pops-off or the treatment stops before this time, it is recommended to do another full 60 minute treatment to achieve the full results.  Each treatment on the CoolSculpting machine is programmed for a full 60 minutes, so it is questionable to why your provider only treated you for another 10 minutes following the malfunction.  It may be best to consult with your provider to see what may have happened in your treatment and why they only treated you for an additional 10 minutes.  Best of luck! 

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

CoolSculpting Treatment Time

For a 60 minute CoolSculpting applicator, the company recommends 52 minutes for a full treatment (the last 8 minutes are a massage segment which are not necessary to achieve full results).  If there is any sort of treatment error before 52 minutes of treatment are achieved, Zeltiq's protocol is to repeat the full treatment.  While this may seem like overkill, 52 minutes of continuous cooling are needed to achieve best results with a traditional 60 minute applicator.  I would consult with your provider to determine what happened during your procedure.  However, as a general rule, the above recommendations are the practices suggested and studied by the makers of the CoolSculpting device.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting and 40 minutes

Coolsculpting typically takes 60 minutes unless you are using the new 35 minute applicator.  It sounds like you should have had more treatment.  I would consult with your treating physician since the applicator may have needed to be applied.  For the best cosmetic results please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

CoolSculpting and applicator falling off

Hi,
 The CoolSculpting applicator on the stomach and other areas of unwantedfatty tissue deposits can sometimes lose its suction attachment and "fall off".  Your treatment of 40 minutes was short of the one hour that we like to see completed.  The additional 10 minutes is additive in effect but still it seems that the intent would be to complete the 60 minutes on a specified area.
 Talk to your plastic surgeon and see if there might be some way of making the times make more sense.  In my practice it would be quite simple to make it right:  Give you a one hour treatment on the same area and not charge.  This makes it good faith for both of us and hopefully you will achieve your goal.
 Some areas are difficult to get to full suction capacity but since you had the 40 minutes, it seems that the area treated will hold the suction for the one hour.