Eyelid red and swollen bad after surgery. Is this normal?

My eye lid is swelled and real red.I just had surgery yesterday. Is this normal? They are as red as a cherry.

It could be normal or it could be an urgent problem.

Another important symptom is pain.  If you have a question about how you are doing, call your surgeon.  It is far better to trouble the surgeon for something that turns out to be nothing than to miss something significant.  Please call your surgeon.

Red, swollen eyelids 1 day post ptosis repair

Thank you for sharing your question. It would be better if you post a photograph for evaluation. It sounds like there is no problem, but you should call your surgeon with any concerns.  Good luck,