14 days post op Breast augmentation. Is my swelling normal? (photos)

I feel my upper pole swelling is significant and gets worse through the day. I'm still feeling very tight. Also I have a bit of pain at my incision sites and in my nipples. Is this normal at my recovery point? I was a small A cup and now have ultra high profile silicone gel 450cc implants in each breast.

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question
Its early to talk about final results.
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

14 days post op Breast augmentation. Is my swelling normal?

You have an excellent result at only 14 days after breast augmentation. It takes 8-12 weeks for implants to soften and drop into a natural p[osition. Please express your concerns to your surgeon and stay off of the internet where you can hget bad advice.

Is your swelling normal?

At this early stage in the recovery period, those feelings are normal.  Swelling increasing throughout the day is also normal, especially if you are on your feet.  Just be patient and continue to follow your plastic surgeon's instructions.  Good luck!

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling

Thank you for your question. You are still very early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. The implants may swell asymmetrically, but usually settle evenly. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

14 days postop breast augmentation. Is my swelling normal?

Thank you for your question and your photographs.Postop swelling is quite normal and will subside as healing continues.Regarding the pain at the incision site, many sutures are left under the skin after your surgery and most are expected to dissolve on their own.I wish you good luck.

From your photos you appear to have a normal amount of swelling at this stage of healing. Over the next three months your implants will settle and swelling will subside. Continue to follow up with your surgeon

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Judging by the photos everything is looking as it should with this size implants 14 days after surgery.  Continue to follow your plastic surgeon's instructions and keep your follow appointments.  Best of luck.

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Pain post-op

If you have issues at this point, you probably are best to see your surgeon. Swelling and some pain are normal, how much is normal is hard to quantify.

Implant Position 2 Weeks Post Op

Thank you for your question and photos. Based on your pictures you appear to be right on track for two weeks post op with fairly large implants. They are symmetric. You can expect the swelling to gradually subside and implants to drop over the next 2-6 months. Some discomfort and sensitivity is still normal at this point. If you have any concerns about your recovery let your Plastic Surgeon know.

All the best

2 week post BA

There is a wide range of normal healing in the BA recovery. Factors depend on the size change, healing ability, over or below muscles Etc. The upper poles will settle as the swelling diminishes and the implants come down, particularly sub muscular or dual plane. 
What you are describing is normal at 2 weeks. 

Samuel Shatkin, Jr., MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon