Tooth still hurting after permanent crown - Is this normal?

Molar 19 had silver filling; dr replaced w/ temp crown. Started experiencing dull but persistent ache 3 days after temp. No sensitivity to heat/cold, no pain when chewing. Ibuprofen helped; Dr. said wasnt unusual. today got permanent crown, was relieved and hoped pain would subside. It has not; it's the same dull ache. Per Dr, root looks fine w no need for root canal. I don't know what to do or if this is normal and how long this will last. I'm concerned and tired of this pain.

Toothache after permanent crown #DrSoftTouch

The dull ache you are experiencing may go away or it may eventually require a root canal. I would recommend giving the tooth time to heal for a month. During that time, if the pain gets progressively worse then a root canal will be indicated. I hope this helps.  Click "save" under my name, if you'd like to ask me more questions in the future.

Pain after crown

Working on teeth is very traumatic to the tooth. You may not have had pain with the silver filling but it doesn't mean that the tooth didn't need additional support of a crown. sometimes it takes some time for a tooth to settle down after the permanent crown is placed. Most dental pain is caused by inflammation so taking Advil regularly for a period of time may help calm the tooth down. Having a sensitive tooth can be annoying but I suggest giving it more time.