Which product do you suggest instead of Volbella for undereye fillers? I already tried Juvederm injections. (Photo)

I just read your response regarding Juvederm Volbella not being approved in the U.S. 2014. I believe it was just approved in the past few weeks - November 2016. I have been told it is not approved for under eye use; however, it is approved in Europe. I wonder if you can tell me why? Thank you very much.

Filler for under the eyes

Thank you for your question 1Arizona1. Volbella is a hyaluronic acid filler designed to enhance the volume, definition, and shape of the lips as well as to address lines on or around the lips. For my patients I recommend Restylane for tear troughs. I have seen good results with this product in my hands. The majority of fillers are approved in Europe before being approved in the United States. This is because the FDA requires rigorous testing for safety and efficacy of products prior to approval. Many doctors use fillers and other products in other areas, this is called off-label use. In our office, for example, we frequently use Botox in the upper forehead, which is considered off-label. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Volbella, Restylane, Belotero, Lasers, PRP, Thermage

There are a myriad of different treatments for the eyes both in terms of fillers and lasers.  It appears from your photos that there is some extra fat herniating and fillers may not be the best option for you.  Please consult an expert in cosmetic injections for the best results. Best, Dr. Green

Volbella under the eyes?

From your photo, I would actually steer you more towards a tissue tightening device or surgery than to a filler.  You appear to have fairly loose skin to your lower lids along with a moderate degree of fat pad herniation which really doesn't make you a good candidate for fillers alone.

My suggestion would be to seek out a local Plastic, Facial Plastic, or Oculoplastic Surgeon and consult with them about your goals.

I hope that is helpful and wish you the very best!

Which product do you suggest instead of Volbella for undereye fillers?

Thank you for sharing your question.  There are a number of options available for the lower eyelids, including Voluma, Restylane, Belotero, and Volbella.  Approval of filler use in the US requires extensive testing which can delay bringing a product to market, as a result companies will often start with one indication and gradually add to them over time.  Hope this helps.

Under Eye Rejuvenation with fillers, lasers, microneedling/prp--Volbella Versus Belotero

Belotero is a great choice to use under the eye. I like in combination with lasers, microneedling/PRP to improve this area. See an expert for a formal consultation. Best, Dr. Emer.