Pain after breast reduction and lift

I had the most horrible pain last night 9 days after my surgery. In my left breast it felt like the most intense Charlie horse-as if my breast was in a vice .It made me vomit and super tight and sore thru the night and sore today. I took a valium that was given to me before surgery for spasms is this what they meant? It was the most intense pain I have ever felt. Left message today for my Doctor but no word back. Now my left breast seems more swollen that the right is this to be expected?

Pain after breast surgery

Thank you for your question. Breasts are always a bit asymmetric (different amount of swelling)for several weeks after surgery. However if one breast is significantly bigger than the other and your intense pain continues you may have a hematoma or bleeding. If you can't get a hold of your surgeon you can always go to the ER. Good luck. 

Pain after breast reduction and lift

Thank you for your question and you have every right to be concerned.  I am sorry to hear that you are so uncomfortable! You need to be seen by your surgeon as soon as possible. 

Some discomfort, swelling and discoloration of the #breasts are to be expected for several weeks following #breastreduction surgery and to increase your chances of proper healing, you should be following ALL of your #post-operative instructions. However, the things you should be concerned with are: sudden increase in #swelling and #pain, increased redness around the incision, an oral temperature greater than 100.4 and drainage that is think yellow or green in color or if it is foul smelling.

The pain you are experiencing can be due to excessive swelling in that breast. Be sure to stay upright as much as possible and elevate your head when laying down. Do not delay speaking to your surgeon. Good luck and I hope you are feeling better soon.