Mole or scar? (photos)

Today (Aug. 3) I went to a plastic surgeon to get the mole on my face removed. When I go into my appointment the Dr. wasn't really on board with me doing this. When he drew it out the outline of the removal he said the scar would be about .5 longer in both directions. Asian Italian heritage, scar could be discolored he said and it would be much bigger than the mole. Is there a way to win here? I don't want it but I don't want to be worse off.

Cosmetic Mole Removal -- SEE AN EXPERT Dermatologic Surgeon -- Ruby Laser Maybe Best

This type of mole needs an excision and will leave a straight scar which you will have to be okay with.  You can laser it after to improve the outcome. Best, Dr. Emer.