Got injections of Juverderm today into my lips and they don't like they got injected . What could of happened?

Some swelling is common at the same day of lip injection. You should follow up with your provider in a week or two to evaluate your result and for further evaluation and treatment if needed.

Katy General Surgeon

Juvederm for lips

It can take two weeks to see the full result after lip enhancement with Juvederm.  If you would like more enhancement, more Juvederm can be added.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat -- Go Slow, Use Cannulas

Id suggest speaking to your physician, more can always be added. I would wait two weeks to see the final outcome before deciding.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lip augmentation: what you see the first day

Lip augmentation is a procedure where facial fillers are injected into the lips to improve shape, symmetry, and volume. Regardless of product or technique, the lips typically swell like a beesting just from being poked. The changes you see in the first few days is that reactive swelling. The effect of the filler is hidden underneath. The reactive swelling goes away and many patients may believe that the filler didn't work at day 4. Don't worry. Over the next 2 weeks, the filler will continue to develop. After 2 weeks the filler in the lips has settled and the result can be evaluated.It's important to follow your doctor's instructions after the injection. I also think a follow-up appointment is important. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip injections with no results?

This is unusual. Make sure it was actually Juvederm you got. I would compare before and after photos with your provider and discuss this. I always take photos in office before procedures and in most cases afterwards before they leave. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Juvederm lip injections

Call your injector. Any type of lip injection should certainly show some result. I assume you saw your lips immediately after injection at the office and were pleased? In my opinion, it's always best to speak with the person who worked on you first, rather than ask for another opinion, especially without photos on a forum such as this. 

Lee P. Laris, DO
Phoenix Dermatologist

Juvederm Lips

Typically it takes filler a full two weeks to settle.  It is best to wait two weeks and then go back to your doctor for a reassess and to view your before photos.

Martin Jugenburg, MD