I want to get Botox under my armpits. Does it take away smell and sweat? It's 1200 every 3 to 4 months?

Botox for Hyperhidrosis

It works. The usual dose is about 50 units per armpit and you see a significant reduction in sweating over 6 months to a year, depending on the person. It should last longer than 3 to 4 months. If you go to an experienced injector, the procedure should be quick and minimally painful. Possible side effects are limited to a little bruising. Hope that helps!

Botox for underarms

Botox is effective in reducing excessive sweating. A typical dose for each armpit is 50 units (for a total of 100 units), divided over 20-25 sites. Consultation with an experienced injector would be best to determine the potential satisfaction from the treatment.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Botox Stops Armpit Sweat for Up to 4 to 6 Months

Patients suffering from hyperhidrosis, otherwise known as excessive sweating, can find relief through Botox. Though the procedure takes a large number of Botox units – up to 50 per armpit – the results can provide a tremendous relief for the patient. When the injections are performed by board-certified plastic surgeon, excessive sweating can be controlled for up to 6 months, depending on the individual case. I hope this helps

Botox for excessive underarm sweating called hyperhidrosis

Botox Therapeutic is very effective in reducing excessive sweating.  Some patients still need to use an antiperspirant to totally stop the sweating, which stops the smell. The Botox effect lasts from 4 to 7 months.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Botox for Underarms

Hyperhidrosis, or excessive sweating, is a common condition that affects millions of people in the United States. Botox is a great treatment to decrease sweating in the underarms and also the palms of the hands. Normally the sweat is what causes the odor, so treating the sweat glands with Botox should also improve the odor. Typical dosing is 50 units per underarm, or 100 units total. Most people enjoy the results of a Botox treatment in the underarms for about six months, longer than that in the face (average 3-4 months). For some people the duration of effect lasts longer with continued treatment. Pricing varies from one region to another. I recommend checking with a local doctor for specific pricing. Another common treatment for the underarms is laser hair removal.

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Armpit Sweating -- Botox/Dysport, ThermiRF, VASER

I find that Botox does well and lasts 3-6 months in most patients, for more permanent results we combine VASER/ThermiRF.  Miradry is out there, but I find does very little. Unfortunately cost cannot be determined without an in person consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer

Botox for axillary hyperhidrosis

It is a very effective treatment and uses 100 units total. It should last a bit longer than 3-4 months in most people. You should consider more permanent improvement using Miradry or Infini for this. I would be a cost savings in the long run.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox for Hyperhidrosis

In my hands Botox for axillary (armpit) hyperhidrosis works very well.  Results usually last about 6 months or longer.  I usually inject 50 units per side and typically will reduce my per unit price compared to my regular Botox price.  I would typically charge $1000 for this treatment (100 units total).Regards,Dr. Ort

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for sweating. Or Miradry?

Botox will reduce sweating and odor, but at $1200 every 4 months you may want to consider Miradry treatments.  Miradry is one to two treatments which are very long lasting if not permanent. It's a machine which, after your armpit is numbed, is placed against your skin to heat up and destroy the excess sweat glands. Cost is $2000 for the first treatment and $1000 for the second(if needed). Most people experience a 75% reduction in sweating after one treatment, with a reduction in odor as well. Consider both options and decide which is best for you. 

Lee P. Laris, DO
Phoenix Dermatologist

Botox for sweating

Thank you for asking. Yes! Botox willsignificantly reduce sweating and odor in the armpits. The injection is done differently than cosmetic injections and some physicians will localize with a starch iodine test. Talk with a physician who can discuss this further with you. Best wishes.