Is there any dr that can rectify a botched bleph proceeded by nine lasers? I am devastated! (Photo)

had lower bleph.Plastic surgeon removed all fat and and tried to rectify by Lazers nine times under eyes. I was advised that surgery could do more damage. Can injectables ,fillers rectify filling tear troughs,creepy skin with loss of elasticity? Am I better seeking dermotoogist or plastic surgeon? Can dr that does injectables often for this problem contact me?

Fat in the right places

I am sorry you are unhappy. The lower eyelid can be unpredictable sometimes.

First of all, this can be improved. In my hands the best option is fat transfer. Without a good exam it is hard to answer the question completely. Some times there is scleral show (increase show of the white of the eye). If that is the case then a canthopexy will help also. I would first try fat transfer though.

The benefits of fat transfer are great. We are learning more and more as the procedure is becoming more popular. For instance, the skin quality is improving because of stem cells that we did not even realize we were transplanting in the early days. I recommend doing some research on fat transfer to the periorbital area. 

The fat transfer can really improve that hallow appearance.  As far as who to see I would recommend seeing someone who does a lot of fat transfer and fillers. Dermatologist and plastic surgeons can both qualify. It just depends on the practice. 

Hope this helps.

DrC

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post-op lower lid blepharoplasty

You may want to see an Oculoplastic surgeon who has expertise with fillers. Juvederm Voluma XC along the zygoma can provide subtle lift that helps the tear trough area. Injection of fillers directly into the tear trough can lead to irregularities, edema, alterations of skin appearance, and vascular complications. Be cautious and get more than one opinion. You need to feel comfortable with the doctor who injects the filler. Voluma for the midface is injected into a relatively safe compartment and avoids the risks associated with injection directly into the tear trough. Your photo is taken at close range and in up-gaze which distorts the view a little - but it seems that the lid margins are in a good position (not pulled down or out - no ectropion) - this is good. You probably do not need additional lower lid surgery, but rather enhancement of midface volume. Best wishes with your decisions!

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botched Blepharoplasty

Hi Five pennies,
Thanks for your question and photo. It is really hard to tell exactly what you need based on your photo. You will need a consultation in person to get the best assessment. I am not sure that seeing a dermatologist or plastic surgeon or oculoplastic surgeon or a facial plastic surgeon will make a difference. You need to see someone that does revision eyelid surgery that offers different options from filler, fat or more surgery. Again a specialist, not a routine surgeon from the list above. More pictures would help with your assessment. Good Luck.   All the best, Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS @blepharoplasty @revision @botched facebook @breastdoctor twitter @docmata instagram #drcarlosmata Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

You are better off with surgeons

as they know the anatomy way better than dermatologists... and you should schedule with a plastic or oculoplastic surgeon for further advice and recommendation.

Curtis Wong, MD

See oculoplastic specialist

Best to see an oculoplastic specialist for evaluation. It is difficult to tell from the photo and its angle. There are nonsurgical and surgical options available.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

A significant focus of my practice is aesthetically repairing lower eyelids damaged by prior work.

Unfortunately, many approaches to the lower eyelid harm their function and appearance.  Maneuvers commonly performed by eyelid surgeons with the goal of making the eyelid better-canthoplasty- actually make things worse.  Skin grafts are highly unsightly.  I developed and regularly perform a comprehensive approach to the aesthetic rehabilitation of lower eyelids harmed by prior cosmetic surgery including blepharoplasty and laser resurfacing.  It involves vertically lifting the cheek to bring skin and soft tissue into the lower eyelid and mid face.  The lower eyelid margin is controlled by using borrowed tissue from the roof of the mouth called a hard palate graft.  You can study by free ebook on eyelid surgery which can be down loaded from the web reference below.  It discusses in detail how this work is done.  The website also has many examples of individual repaired in this way.  Many of my patient reviews on this site relate to this type of repair work.