4 wks post-op, mommy makeover. Crease under belly button appears to have opened. What is this? (photo)

I have noticed this black crease under my belly button which appears to have been getting lighter with time but now it looks like it cracked or has an opening. At first I thought it was the black marking marker that is done pre op. So I would rub it daily in the shows today I rubbed it and some skin came off and it looks like an opening. Today I have a slit in the crease. I placed poraxide and bactine with gauze. What is this??

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Best to Seek Follow Up

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your recent procedure! It's best to schedule a one-on-one follow up with your surgeon to discuss your concerns and any options regarding the additional care. Should there be any actual serious issue, it's best that this is caught early before anything were to get worse and compromise your end results. Best of luck and congratulations again!

Crease Under Belly Button Appears to have Opened

It is best that your plastic surgeon be notified of your #incision concern. She or he may insist seeing you in their office promptly for an #evaluation.  At any time, you have any concern about your #healing progress and #recovery, it is recommended contacting your surgeon so she or he, or, their medical staff can make suggestions based on your surgery and medical records. 

Mommy make-over -- crease under belly button

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• I suspect that this was a tiny sliver of skin that didn't heal well.
  • Generally I do not recommend antibiotic ointment or peroxide on open wounds.
  • I suggest you contact your own surgeon for instructions on wound care.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Raw area

Thank you for the photo and question and from it without an examination you may have had a small area of superficial vascular compromise that should heal nicely with antibiotic ointment.  Get your surgeons recommendations though after an examination

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD