Breast revision surgery one year after deflated saline implant. Advice and comments on placement please, 3 days post op. (photo)

In 2005 I received 540 cc saline implants. Last year one implant deflated for no apparent reason. I had to wait a yr to get it fixed. Im 5'7, 128 lbs, a mother of 5, and very fit. I chose 650 cc silicone high profile. 3 days post op and I'm concerned about the difference between the two breasts. The one that had been deflated is perky and tighter and the other is saggy. They seem very wide apart. Anything I can do to help lift them and push them together? Wrapping or a tighter sports bra?

Give it time

Thanks for the great questions and the photos. After one of your implants ruptures, the skin and soft tissue envelope undergoes some changes. First, the skin will start to contract a little since the force from the implant is no longer there. The second thing that happens is the the fatty breast tissue increases in size, again because the force from the implant is gone. The good news is that once an new implant has been placed (like you had) the skin and soft tissue should readapt, becoming more similar to the other side. I always tell patients to wait at least 3 months for all of the swelling to go down and for the skin and muscle to adapt. Things may look asymmetrical for the first few weeks after surgery and will improve with time. Be patient and best of luck!

~Dr. Sieber