Will a breast lift be required, or can I get away with just an augmentation? (Photo)

I am young, and have never had children, but my breasts are droopy. I want some sort of corrective surgery, and think that he's going to tell me I need a lift, but the scarring is so severe, in my mind, I'm not sure it's worth it. I'm getting married in a year and a half and just want to feel confident in my own body! We plan on having children likely a year or two later. Would all of my money spent on surgery go to waste?

To lift or not to lift the breast with a breast augmentation, that is the question?

Hi MKT,Thanks for your question and photos. If scars concern you then don't do a lift. Nothing worse than having a result that you are unhappy with. No one NEEDS a lift but breast proportions may be different. I think that a nice dual plane or partially under the muscle breast augmentation that is based on your chest size width would look great without you needing a lift. However, your breast will NOT be under your chin when done this way. I would hold off on the lift because like you said, you have not had kids and are planning to in the future! A breast augmentation would make you look better, more proportioned and not cost as much as a breast lift with implants! Get several options from board certified plastic surgeons! Good Luck and congratulations on the marriage!

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS

#breastaugmentation #NoliftNecessary

Find the right surgeon

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a  Breast Augmentation 

Will a breast lift be required, or can I get away with just an augmentation?

Dear Mkt16,Boy, we plastic surgeons are sure lucky our patients don't all look like you! If you are planning on starting a family in the next couple of years I would encourage you to think about waiting. You will likely develop more droop after pregnancy and breast feeding and then surgery will make a heck of a lot more sense. Maybe having a professional bra fitting and investing in great quality bras might help you to feel more confident in the meantime.Congratulations!

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation or a lift.

congratulations on your upcoming marriage. I'm gonna try to keep things as simple as I can for you.  You mentioned you are getting married with hopes of having a child in the near future.  The breasts undergo a significant amount of change with pregnancy producing a loss of volume and decreased elasticity of the skin.  Because of this, I would recommend a simple plan. If you want to increase the volume of your breasts,  a breast augmentation is probably your best option.  Sera plastic surgeon after you are finished with child bearing, and a breast lift can be done if it's required. Good luck!  Dr Lille 

Sean T. Lille, MD

Breast lift or not?

Thank you for your question. At the outset I do feel that if you are going to have children in the near future it may be a good idea to wait. It really just depends on how much this really bothers you. Is it something you can live with or not for a few more years. The breast will go through many changes with pregnancy and it may be money well spent later not now. Being that said, if you do this now an implant will give you the upper pole fullness that it seems you are going for. I have learned over the many years in practice that pictures can be quite deceiving especially in patients who are borderline for needing a lift. You may or may not need a lift. The scarring is not horrific in my mind because I as a surgeon would never do something horrific to a patient. Yes you will have scars from a lift, and yes they will fade well over time. In my opinion if you need a lift, you need a lift and there is simply no way around it. Often times I feel a patient may be better off not having implants at all if they refuse a needed lift because it just makes them supremely unhappy. The only way you will ever really know is to have an in office exam. I am happy to see and educate you anytime. Best of luck with the wedding!Sincerely, DrRickAZ

Richard J. Brown, MD

Breast implants alone or breast implants plus breast lift?

Thank you for your question and photographs.  I note that your areolae are somewhat widened and that you have asymmetry with one breast larger than the other.  You have several options however depending upon how aggressive you wish to be.  Placing breast implants alone will enhance your fullness and size and provide a satisfactory outcome.  Performing a Benelli uplift will reduce widening of your areolae and raise your nipple position a small amount for aesthetic benefit.  I do not feel that you need to consider a more aggressive uplift especially since you are going to create a family and there will be changes to your breasts that may require future treatment.  Discuss all options with an ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon before making your decision and best wishes. Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Will a breast augmentation be required, or can I get away with just an augmentation?

Thank you for your question. If you are considering children in the near future, you may want to delay a breast surgery as your breast might change. That being said, a lift is determined based on the look you want. Inserting heavy implants will cause your breasts more drooping. Speak with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options. Best, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast augmentation or lift?

Thank you for sharing. Based on pictures and your situation, an appropriately sized breast implant would create more upper fullness that many women want. You should see a board certified plastic surgeon who can confirm your physical exam in person. A small lift may give you some additional improvement but may not be needed after confirming this in a consultation and may be better until after you've have children. Hope this helps- best wishes!

Breast Augmentation

Hi MKT,You want to wait until after children to have a formal lift.  Your nipple is actually above your crease, to my best guess, so an internal dual plane lift with a short breast fold incision should do it. Please put an index card in your breast fold. If your nipple is at the edge of the card or below, or you absolutely want your areola smaller, then you would be a candidate for a lift, either a vertical or anchor or areolar incision. If your nipple is above the edge, you could be a candidate for an internal lift called the dual plane. The video below explains the dual plane internal lift.  I also attached an article from a peer-reviewed journal to give you an even better idea.  I believe the dual plane and implants alone will do it for you. Be sure to seek a consultation with a BC PS who does several hundred BA patients annually to be sure. All the best, “Dr. Joe”

Will a breast lift be required

Your breast development is low on your chest, but you do not have enough droop to warrant a lift. A modest augmentation should do the trick.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD