Do I need a breast lift with implants or just implants to make my breasts perky and full? (photos)

My breasts have very little volume at the top and seem very droopy and saggy. However, my nipples do not point downward when standing straight up, they point forward, making me wonder if I need a full lift or if just implants would lift and fill them out enough? I'm in my early 20's and there's definitely some asymmetry as well I need to get taken care of.

Combination Breast Augmentation and Breast Lift

Your pictures suggest loss of breast volume with associated breast sag. Unfortunately, this type of problem can't be fixed with a breast implant alone. Under these circumstances, you're an excellent candidate for a breast lift procedure. This procedure can be easily performed in combination with a breast augmentation, if larger breasts or upper breast fullness are aesthetic goals.

The vast majority of patients want balance proportion and harmony with the surrounding anatomic structures. They also want a natural look and upper breast fullness. Accomplishing these goals usually always requires breast implant placement.

Based on your history, you would appear to be an excellent candidate for the combination of breast augmentation and breast lift surgery. If you're considering this option, it's important to consult a board certified plastic surgeon. This surgeon should be able to formulate a treatment plan that addresses your anatomic findings and achieves your aesthetic goals.

Breast Lift with Implants to Increase Fullness

Often #BreastLift candidates experience more satisfying results by combining a #BreastLift with #implants to restore superior fullness. In some cases, harvesting one's own fat and transfering it to their breast can be an alternative to implants for qualfying candidates. The options best for you will be discussed during your one-on-one consultation.

Lift and implants?

Thanks for the question. Your photos show the breast volume to be low in the breast and a lift alone will tighten the breast but not fill out the upper breast for long. The addition of an implant will improve the upper breast shape and the lift can be done in addition to that to position the breast also. If you are okay with the larger size then go ahead with both. Get a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to get the details and good luck.

Thank you for your question .

Based on your photos I believe you are a great candidate for a Breast Lift with Augmentation this will give you the look you desire.

Many surgeons offer online virtual consultations where you send your photos and medical history information so that you can receive accurate cost at no cost to you.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Breast Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely. 

Breast lift or just implants.

Hello. Thanks for this question which is asked often, especially by young women who really do not want the scars from a breast lift.  It seems from your pictures that you should consider a lift.  Especially on your right side in order to attain better symmetry.  An implant will just not do the trick.  The scars are a concern to women until they see what they look like once they have faded and also see how nice the breast shape will become.  All of the scars are hidden by bathing suit tops and bras.  

Adding an implant provides desired size and upper fullness.  It also allows the lift results to last longer.  

The surgery usually takes about 2 and a half to three hours and performed as an outpatient at a surgical center.  Post-operative pain is controlled with pain medications and muscle relaxers.  Restrictions are in regards to exercise and intense activity.

Your best bet is to see a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and who has extensive experience in these procedures.

Good luck to you and I do hope I have assisted you in your decision.

Robert J. Spies, MD
Paradise Valley Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a breast lift with implants or just implants to make my breasts perky and full?

Hello!  Thank you for your question! It is normal for the breast to lose its firmness and perkiness over time, which is accentuated with age, pregnancy/breast feeding, weight gain/loss, and gravity. This ultimately results in ptosis, or sagging, of the breast with a “deflated” appearance. Women often seek the mastopexy, or breast lift, procedure to regain the previous youthful appearance of her breasts and desire that uplifted and perky appearance of her breasts. Women report increased confidence, self-esteem, and femininity once she achieves this desired shape and fullness.

Breast lifts may or may not be performed with implants – the implant would add increased size but also greater fullness in the upper pole of the breasts which creates more cleavage.  It is also common for the areola to enlarge and stretch during these changes. The lift will also serve to raise the nipple areolar complex to its appropriate position above the breast crease and at the most projecting portion while compensating for the asymmetry. In addition the areola size will be decreased, which is often desired by the woman. Given your description and photos, a breast lift via a lollipop incision will likely be needed to give optimal shape and the implant would give a fuller and perkier appearance if the breasts. 

The decision for a breast lift will be up to you...depending on how much you are bothered about the shape as well as your concerns. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon well-versed in breast surgery and s/he will assist you in deciding if a mastopexy will be the right decision for you. Thank you for your question! Hope that this helps. Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Augmentation Mastopexy

Implants alone will not lift your breasts.  You would best be served with a lift and implants. The lift would likely only require an incision around the areola. 

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation with a lift would produce the best result in your case.

Making Breasts Perky and Full

Your concern about little breast volume at the top suggests that breast implants may be indicated as they provide upper breast fullness. You mention your breasts seem very droopy and saggy and this brings up the issue of breast lifts. From the photos it appears the left breast is more saggy and the nipple is lower. A breast lift can address sagging breasts and make the nipple positions more symmetric. A photo analysis is no substitute for a full evaluation. Please consult with a experienced plastic surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery to determine if your own impressions are correct and to formulate a surgical plan that can fulfill your goals.  

David S. Motoki, MD
Draper Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation with or without a lift

I think if you want a perky breast, you will likely need a breast lift in addition to any size change.If not, I think you will have fuller breast, but not perky and a little saggy. In the rating of your sagging, on a scale of 1-4 you are a 3.

Julio Garcia, MD