925cc saline, both. One higher, tighter, smaller. W/arms raised, nipple area skin is loose unfilled in. Is this normal? (Photos)

5' 11, size 16. Bigger girl. 11 weeks post op. 925cc submuscular saline. Previously was a floppy A/B cup. L breast always 'bigger'. Surgeon is board certified, did measurements & lengthy consultation. Obviously noted R breast smaller pre op. Why'd a surgeon fill both equally? Also when I raise arms, nipple area is loose, unfilled in skin. Standing normal, arms down, L side is settled &filled out. But R side looks &feels tight up against my body. 11weeks post op, wats going on? Massaging, yes

925cc saline, both. One higher, tighter, smaller. W/arms raised, nipple area skin is loose unfilled in. Is this normal?

It is not unusual for implants to drop at different rates.  In addition the smaller breast has less skin and may never drop as Foley as the larger lower side.  Positional asymmetries cannot be corrected with implants alone and often require a lift on the lower larger side.  Please see her plastic surgeon for an examination to understand whether the implants simply is not dropping or whether you are developing a capsular contracture.

Post op size difference

Thank you for your question and photos.  With a larger implant the minor size differences even out typically over time but can take up to 1 year.  As far as the surgeon choice of fill volume, you need to ask him or her.  I tell all my patients "breast are sisters, not twins" and even after surgery small differences will be noticeable. The settling may still happen over time or improve faster with some massage. You could also have a low grade capsular contracture of the scar on the right.,  I would see your surgeon for an exam and answers to your questions. 

Best Wishes!

Jamie Moenster, DO
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Your recovery is normal

for starting out where you were and going to the size you chose.  As for implant fill, you should be able to ask your surgeon why different volumes were not used but when you're going up to that size, minor asymmetries in breast volume are obliterated by the additional volume added to your breasts.  Think ping pong ball and golf ball side by side... the difference is obvious.  Now add a softball to each one and now the difference becomes negligible.

Curtis Wong, MD

Concerns after breast augmentation with larger implants…

Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pocket that was created during surgery. The rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, and size of breast implant utilized. Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result. It is very common for one side to settle faster than the other.

Similarly, it takes a few months for the breasts to "soften" in most cases.  Most of my patients tell me that their breast implants feel "part of them" somewhere between 3 to 6 months after surgery was performed.

I would suggest continued close follow-up with your plastic surgeon who will be your best resource when it comes to accurate assessment, advice, and/or meaningful reassurance.