Labiaplasty done a week ago. Does this look like a successful labiaplasty? (Photos)

Hi labiaplasty done a week ago. Does this look like a successful labiaplasty?

Successful labiaplasty?

Based on your photos, it looks as if you had a trim labiaplasty.  There is moderate swelling which is normal and will resolve over a few weeks.  Without a personal exam, it appears your labiaplasty looks as expected. 

Is this labiaplasty normal after 1 week

HI Syni,

The swelling that you have now is fairly normal for a labiaplasty after 1 week. Continue to take it easy, get your legs up when you are home and use ice packs to reduce the swelling.

Do not engage in any strenuous athletic activities until your doctor says that it is OK, do not use tampons for the first 6 weeks and do not have sexual intercourse for that period of time as well.

If swelling increases, give your doctor a call.

Best Wishes,

Dr, Christine Rodgers

Labiaplasty

Thank you for your question. There is some swelling which is expected at this stage. It is very early to comment about outcome. But looks healing OK. Please follow instructions com your surgeon.

Labiaplasty: Postoperative Results

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Swelling is common after labiaplasty with the amount dependent in part based on the time since surgery.  The final result will be seen after several months, which at that time one can evaluate if a secondary surgery would be recommended.  I would recommend contacting the surgeon who performed the original surgery to evaluate your current condition.  If you require a secondary procedure in the future, I would recommend an experienced genital surgeon even if that requires traveling. Best of luck.     

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic and Reconstructive Urologist -- Cleveland, Ohio)

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP
Cleveland Urologist

The clitoral hood is always more swollen & takes the longest to resolve after LP + hood reduction

Thanks for re-submitting your photos. Yeah, I figured you were 6 days, not 6 weeks. I think all will be OK. Yes, your right side will be a bit more flush than the left, but not big-time noticeable. Your hood will stay swollen the longest; won't be until 6+ weeks until you will have a true idea of outcome. Total healing takes ~ 3-4 months, believe it or not. "Chill;" I think all will be fine... The weblink below gives you some idea of the recovery process...

Very bewst,

Michael P Goodman, MD

Davis, CA, USA

Healing fine

Thank you for sharing.  Without a pre op pic and being so early in your recovery it is a little difficult to fully comment on the final outcome.  However, it does appear to be healing fine.

Swelling is completely normal at this stage.

Keep us posted.

Does my labiaplasty look successful

Hello Syni,

It's way too early to tell. Things will not look right for several weeks. There is normal swelling present that will exaggerate minor differences. Please try to relax and concentrate on a proper recovery. Hold on making judgment till your 6-12 weeks post op.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Aguirre Specialty Care - Pelvic Surgery & Intimate Aesthetics®

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

Labiaplasty done a week ago. Does this look like a successful labiaplasty?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and congratulations on your labiaplasty.  For a week after surgery, and without a preoperative photographs, your trim resection results look appropriate.  Your tissues continue to have soft tissue swelling that will need to resolve before you will know your long-term appearance so allow at least another 5-6 weeks to pass before assessing your outcome.