It's very embarrassing, especially in todays world where shorts are popular and an accepted part of casual dress. I play a lot of golf and cant bear to go out in shorts like all my pals I am always making excuses for not wearing them sometimes I cant wait for the weather to deteriorate so I can dress like everyone else. its a big big problem for me, please help, thank you R
I have skinny legs although I have played all different sports all my life.
Doctor Answers 3
Dr Dhaval PatelDouble Board Certified Plastic SurgeonChicagoHoffman EstatesOak Brook
Calf implants for thin legs - in a golfer
- I am sorry you find yourself in this situation -
- You can have soft solid silicone implatns in your legs to give shape to the calves.
- Depending on the look you want, one or two implants are placed in each leg.
- The implants go directly over the calf (gastrocnemius) muscle.
- Typically the surgery is very painful for several weeks but with Exparel injections at surgery, there is usually little pain.
- The implants will only enlarge the upper 2/3rds of the leg, where the muscle sits.
- To thicken the lower leg, you can have fat injections done at the same time -
- These have less predictable results and often need to be repeated but are the only option for lower leg fullness.
- You will not be able to play golf for about 4 weeks after surgery.
- Not many plastic surgeons do calf implants -
- Since you are in Georgia, I would be happy to see you (I am in Atlanta) - just call my office!
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Help for skinny legs
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.