Is this normal? (Photo)

I'm 4 months post op and everything is tightening and getting slimmer - however, as you can see I have this pocket of what seems like fat. This is on both legs - do you think I need lipo to remove again?

Swelling 4 months after Liposuction--Swelling After Liposuction--Velashape/Venus Treatments

It's difficult to determine from your picture. Swelling can last for up to a year if really aggressive.  massage, ultrasound, and radiofrequency treatments -- like velashape or venus treatments -- help with decreasing this as well as diuretics.  I suggest speaking to your physician or getting an opinion from a body contouring expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Is this normal?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph. Unfortunately without an in-person examination it is difficult to offer definite advice as this most commonly is swelling from your liposuction procedure but other issues need to be ruled out including retained adipose tissue or a small fluid collection.  See your surgeon for an in-person evaluation and discussion of your results as well as a review of your starting photographs. 

Fat pocket on both legs after liposuction - is this normal?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• The areas of swelling are not in areas where there is usually much fat to remove.
  • It may be swelling - but you need to see your surgeon for an examination for a diagnosis.
  • Once you know what it is, then you can learn if any treatment is needed.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS