How can a medial Brow Lift be performed?

I am interested in having a brow lift (medial) to raise the inner eyebrows as my inner brow drops down too low. My outer eyebrow is at a good position and I don't want to change it. Can this be achieved through a 1)coronal incision 2) hairline incision. If done through a coronal approach would this raise the centre of my hairline back. Could this raise back my widows peak somewhat?

Any part of the brow can be lifted effectively by any one of several approaches. The coronal incision behind the hairline, is effective, but will elevate the hairline. The hairline incision will also raise any part of the brow according to the needs of the patient and will not raise the hairline. It will leave a scar in the hairline, however, but this can be made to be inconspicuous if properly done. An endoscopic brow lift can be performed with special equipment, and the is a good technique as well. 

The most common procedure that I use for my patients is the hairline incision under local anesthesia. It's quick the recovery time is a few days, and virtually pain free. The medial brow is much easier to lift than the lateral brow. 

Its best to consult a certified PS for a personal examination so you can decide on the technique that best serves your goals. Best of luck to you.

Brow Lift

Thank you for your question. A brow lift can address the inner eyebrows to prevent their drooping. A brow lift can be performed in conjunction with an endoscopic brow lifting in order to address any signs of aging in the eyebrow area, between the eyebrows and in the forehead. I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Medial browlift

The great thing about browlift procedures is that they can be customized to accommodate the anatomy and desired goals of each patient.  With a proper understanding of the techniques, your surgeon should be able to alter the typical technique and incision pattern to make adjustments for the situation you described.

Regarding hairline change, a coronal incision will elevate the hairline some.  A hairline incision (sometimes called "pretrichial") will keep the hairline in the same position or lower it slightly depending on a few variations in technique.  

An in person examination with a surgeon who is comfortable with performing a variety of browlift techniques is your next step to determine the best incision pattern and technique specifically for you.

David W. Rodwell III, MD
Charleston Facial Plastic Surgeon

How can a medial brow lift be performed?

A medial brow lift can be performed which raises only the middle portion of the eyebrow. It's also important to evaluate the strength of the corrugator muscles which pulls the medial brow downwards. In many instances they have to be softened. The placement of the incision will also determine whether the hairline is raised, or lowered. For more information and many examples,  please see the link and the video below

Can Medial Brow Lift be Performed.

Brow contour is frequently changed as part of a brow/forehead lift. If your central brow is elevated with an endoscopic or coronal procedure the hairline will be elevated. If you want to maintain the position of the middle of the forehead or lower it use the Irregular Trichophytic Hairline Incision Technique that we described many years ago.

Endoscopic Forehead lift

With endoscopic forehead lift, minimal incisions are made through which forehead is released and elevated. No resection of forehead or scalp is done and any segment of the forehead can be elevated.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO