How long do you need to wear a compression garment after a neck lift?

Compression Garment After Neck Lift?

Thank you for your question.  Please talk to your surgery regarding how long to wear a compression garment, surgeons protocols differ.  I only make my patients wear after neck liposuction.

All The Best 

Compression and Liposuction / Neck Lifting

I suggest you speak to your physician as compression is dependeing on the hysicians preferences.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Compression After Neck Lift

Thank you for your question. The use of compression garment varies from surgeon to surgeon. Some use it routinely others never use it. I fall in the camp of not using compression unless I think its absolutely needed. Unlike liposuction the skin in neck lift has been lifted off the deeper tissues and compression has the potential to cause harm if too tight. There is no right answer to this question and the experience and routine of your surgeon will dictate your post-op regimen. Either way I am sure with time you will get a great result. I would recommend a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and at that time you can discuss the entire procedure including what to expect in the postoperative period
Best of Luck

Lee A. Gibstein, MD