I desperately need my breasts done! Do I need a lift? (Photo)

I'm 34 with 3 children and breast fed all of them. I really want to get a breast augmentation to fill out my breasts. I would prefer to not have a lift but I would consider if a surgeon said I needed one!

Yes, it does look like you need a lift. Your breast look long and your nipples are low. Good luck with your decision tome forward.

I would recommend a breast lift without implants unless you absolutely wanted to have the additional volume.  A well positioned breast higher up on your chest wall would look nice and natural and may have enough volume for you without an implant. 

Breast augmentation with lift candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have asymmetrical and sagging breasts.
In this regard, i recommend a breast lifting with implants to get a bigger breast with adecuate projection. In other words, you need breast volume (implants) and you need breast projection (the lift).
I recommend you, to use a microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implants ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection and different volumes of each side (bigger in the left breast) to correct the breasts asymmetry you have. Also, I recommend perform a "Lollipop Breast lift" to obtain an adecuate breast projection.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

First of all, nobody NEEDS anything. This is all about wants and desires. To achieve a perky look with implants alone in your case may be enough for you but not enough in someone else. This is where measurements come into play. Your Plastic Surgeon should be able to predict the outcome with a few basic measurements. With that information you and your surgeon should be able to come up with the plan you are most comfortable.

Timothy Fee, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a lift?

A breast lift will make your breasts look like they did before your pregnancy. They may even look better than before your pregnancy. Consult with a board-certified Atlanta plastic surgeon who recommends no added implants.

Sheldon Lincenberg, MD

I desperately need my breasts done! Do I need a lift?

From the appearance in your photographs you would definitely need an uplift on the right and possibly even on the left. Your right breast is quite a bit lower than your left and you should strive to have more symmetry. If your left nipple is also below your inframammary crease, you should undergo a mastopexy (uplift) on the left as well. These do create scars, but there should never be any suture marks, and the scars do subside with time. You would be trading the scars for a better more youthful shape.

Your plastic surgeon can use "sizers" in a bra to help you determine what size implant you will need. Take a T-shirt to put over the sizers to give yourself an even better idea of it's appearance. I suspect you would need a larger implant on the left, or your plastic surgeon may decide to do a slight reduction on the right side with the uplift and use the same size implants on both sides.

Thank you for your question and best of luck to you.

To lift or not to lift...

Any woman considering cosmetic improvement of the breast doesn't want visible scars that would be required if a breast lift is done. In your case where your breasts are both droopy and asymmetric, if you have an implant without a lift, you will end up with larger, droopy and asymmetric breasts.  In order to shape the breast and to position the nipple appropriately, a lift would be necessary either with or without an implant. You have to decide whether shape and size are more important than scars.

John Dean, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a lift?

Although one cannot fully tell from the photograph if a lift is needed, one relatively easy way to determine is to look at the height of your nipple. If it is below the crease under your breast when you are standing upright, most likely a breast lift will be required. Other factors include the quality of your skin, presence of breast tissue and stretch marks. Your surgeon will discuss with you the different techniques for breast lifting. This can be performed with implants or without and your surgeon can discuss all the possible options and realistic expectations should you undergo it. Good luck.

Most Likely Need a Breast Lift and Augmentation

Thank you for your question. Without actually examining you, based on your photo, it is likely you will need some form of a lift along with a breast augmentation. Placing an implant in will volumize the superior pole of your breasts in conjunction with a lift.
There are some basic concepts that you should understand before proceeding with your surgery. Generally, a mastopexy or breast lift is an operation to lift and place a breastin a more youthful location, while breast augmentation is for increasing the breast size.These procedures can be performed at the same time. I would without a doubt visit with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon who could guide you in selecting the most appropriate breast size and lift. I wish you the best of luck.

John A. Kotis, DO, FACS, FACOS

I think that you will be most happy with a small breast implant and lift done together.  If you are uncertain, then you can simply do just the breast augmentation alone first; however, most likely, over time the breast tissue will "slide" off the implant and you will have a better shape with a lift which will tighten the soft tissues and skin over the implant and lift the nipple complex.  I hope this helps!