Is my expectation unrealistic? (phtoos)

At 3 mths my surgeon was very dismissive. I'm now 6 mths. Got an appointment next week. I need to get him to listen to my concerns. Would love some professional opinions. Am I being unrealistic or do I need revision work.

Unrealistic expectations

Hello and thank you for your question. I don't think so.  I do think that a revision should help. You may want to get a second or even 3rd opinion however.  Are you a weight loss patient?  The reason I ask is that it appears that a lower body lift, 360 degree operation may well have given you a better result. This can still be done. Also you may even consider an extended revision tummy tuck, which most likely will need anyway, taking the incision a little further around the back rather than a full circumferential incision. Good luck. 
Peter Fisher M.D. 

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Is my expectation unrealistic?

Thank you for submitting your question. Final results from an extended tummy tuck takes 9-12 months.  Have patience and discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  Discuss plans for a revision, if needed after 12 months.  Best wishes.

Revision post tummy

From your photos your scars are still red and they will need more time to settle down.Also you have some swelling above the incision which is normal and this too should go down.Heat and massage may help.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

I don't think that your expectations are unrealistic.  I think that a revision is definitely in order.  Is your PS a Board Certified PS?  You may certainly want to get a second opinion especially if your PS is being dismissive.  The scars can be improved in location and get a more even result.  Good luck, you will look better soon.

Ramiro Morales, Jr., MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Is my expectation unrealistic?

The question is really did my plastic surgeon give me unrealistic expectations.  I do think there is room for improvement but you seem to have a fair amount of fat on the abdominal wall.  If you were asking me what to do I would probably wait until a year and then possibly an extension of the resection combined with liposuction to thin the abdominal wall fat would be beneficial.  Discuss this with your plastic surgeon at your next visit.

Is my expectation unrealistic? (phtoos)

Your doctor will be the best person to assess if more surgery will improve your results. In case of doubt you may go to another board certified surgeon for assessment in person. 

Priti Shukla, Mch
India Plastic Surgeon

Is my expectation unrealistic?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Yes, I think that there is room for continued improvement. It may however still be too early to evaluate the long-term outcome of the procedure performed. I would suggest that you communicate your concerns/questions with your plastic surgeon in a calm/constructive fashion. Hopefully, working together (this is often best on in front of a full-length mirror) you will come up with the best plan (and timing) to proceed with revisionary surgery to improve the outcome. Best wishes.