Bulge returning after Lower Bleph.

I have recently had a lower bleph. There was no fat removal, just skin tightening. My doctor in the UK is a member of BAAPS and this is allegedly the route all surgeons are now taking in the UK as it gives a more youthful appearance. In the last 2 weeks I am noticing a gathering of fluid under my eye. The skin is still nice and taught but the fluid is causing a bulge. I am trying to massage this away, I am still sleeping with my head elevated and trying to eat a low salt diet.

Swelling vs Fat following lower blepharoplasty

Thank you for sharing your question. If the blepharoplasty was recently performed, you will have to wait to find out if the bulge is fat or fluid. You are properly managing the issue at this point. Allow more time to pass before judging results.
Good luck,

What to do with a bulge in the lower eyelid?

This may be swelling, in which case you are doing the right things and time will improve it. If it is fat, it will need to be addressed.

Jeffrey M. Joseph, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Bulge post bleph

This should go down given enough time.Heat and massage will help it go down more quickly.Lo salt also helps.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Bulge after lower bleph

Dear Alice,
This early after  surgery swelling could be a factor
but if it persists you may need to be reevaluated.
In that case retained fat pocket could be a possibility.
Best Wishes.

Fernando Colon, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon