Right breast swollen - I am almost 7 weeks post op I had 310cc teardrop implants under the muscle. (photo)

I played badminton yesterday and my right breast is considerably swollen and tender

2 months post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 
Kind regards,Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Post-op swelling

Given the degree of asymmetry present and the sudden onset, this likely represents an accumulation of either fluid (seroma) or blood (hematoma).  As mentioned by others, this is likely to require intervention and should be reported to your surgeon ASAP.

Earl E. Ferguson III, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Right Breast swollen 7 weeks post op

Thanks for your question and photo.  Increased swelling on one side should be reported to your physician.  Best of luck.

Breast swollen 7 weeks after surgery

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• Your right breast is quite dramatically swollen.
  • This might just be from using the arm but it could be from fluid or bleeding 
  • You need  to contact your own surgeon promptly and arrange to be seen.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Delayed hematoma?

You might have a delayed hematoma or have developed a seroma. You should see your surgeon ASAP......

Right breast swollen - I am almost 7 weeks post op I had 310cc teardrop implants under the muscle

Thank you for your question and photograph and I am sorry to hear of your badminton issues.  From your picture and narrative of rapid onset I would see your surgeon for an in-person evaluation sooner than later. You have likely developed a hematoma in the breast which will need to be treated with a drainage procedure.  

Postop hematoma vs swelling.

Thank you for your question and I am sorry you are having difficulties.
Rapid onset of swelling of an area after surgery is often indicative of postoperative bleeding known as a hematoma.
Signficant ctivity after surgery with gradual onset of swelling can often indicate simple swelling due to overactivity, or the possibililty of a fluid collection known as a seroma as well as a possible hematoma.  You should be evaluated by your surgeon as soon as possible to establish a diagnosis.
Significant hematomas or seromas often require drainage to minimize possible additional postoperative problems such as capsular contracture or postoperative infection and abscess.

Daniel M. Calloway, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Swollen breast

In my experience, a sudden expansion of size of a breast with an implant beneath it is usually related to bleeding. A seroma, or fluid collection usually comes on more slowly. Either way, a simple ultrasound can discern if there is fluid around the implant and then this fluid can be withdrawn with a blunt cannula. I recommend you go back to your operating surgeon for consultation. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Breast swollen

When your implant was placed under the muscle your surgeon had to divide a portion of the muscle to make the implant fit right.You muscle is not fully recovered and your game yesterday probably tore the muscle. It has become painful and swollen and maybe a bit of bleeding into the muscle. You need to check with your surgeon to make sure you do not have a significant hematoma.The muscle should heal. I would not overuse it for several more weeks. Good luck.