12 days pre op, I'm 36 b and getting a 470cc. What size will I be? (photos)

Hi getting my ba in 12 days so scared now we have decided on 470cc overs but im scared about size im 34b just now anyone any rough idea on size i might end up also have put a pic in about what surgeon said any ideas what this means im freaking out about everything will i get boobs and they will go saggy and i dont want big width between them sorry for being a pain lol

Implant volume

It is difficult to say what an implant volume will result in in terms of cup size. If I had to guess I would probably say in the D'ish range, but every bra is manufactured differently.

12 days pre op, I'm 36 b and getting a 470cc. What size will I be?

Most plastic surgeons will measure you and try on sizers with a shirton  to see if your post procedure appearance will look like you want it to.  You can give them hints such as very large or small and he or she will work with you.  Please listen to your plastic surgeon and follow his advice on your size.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

I'm concerned.

Thank you for your question. First let me suggest that without a proper evaluation in person with a thorough conversation about your wishes, and a physical examination with measurements, etc. it is difficult to render a precise opinion. Having said that, from your photo your breasts are very pretty and I would call into question the need for a breast augmentation in the first place. If, however, you are convinced that your quality of life would be significantly enhanced by undergoing an augmentation, I am concerned that the implants you are considering with your surgeon seem very large to me, and might take you into D, DD, or even DDD territory. Again, purely based on 25 years of experience, I am thinking that you would need a smaller implant than the one you have selected. 

In general, in my own practice, we have found that the best way to determine which breast implant size is best for you is by first finding out your specific wishes not only with words or letters as in cup size or words such as  “not too big” or “natural”, but also with a visual understanding of what you hope to look like. This can be accomplished either with photographs of patients whose breasts and body type look like you, or ideally with photos of patients not only shoes breasts are similar to yours, but are also a similar height, weight, and pre-operative breast size. In our own practice we have provided that unique functionality on our website to accomplish exactly that.

Unfortunately the most common reason for a woman to be unhappy after her augmentation is feeling as though she is either too big or not big enough. Thankfully, in our practice this is rarely a problem because implant size selection is what we spend most of our time discussing and determining. I do not place the onus of selecting the breast implant size on my patients since they are coming to me for my advice and expertise, but I do ask my patients to be as specific as possible about their aesthetic goals and I then advise them accordingly.

I would advise you to go back to your plastic surgeon, or to seek the advice of a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in breast enhancement surgery and make sure that your own sense of aesthetics aligns with that of your plastic surgeon. Your idea of “natural” or “pretty” or “proportionate” might be different from your plastic surgeon’s and it is very important for you to feel confident that you are both of like minds as far as the goals. Best of luck to you and I hope you are successful in achieving the enhancement you are seeking. 

Ram Kalus, MD
Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon

Worried about implants 12 days before surgery

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• Please return to your plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns.
  • They are reasonable.
  • The larger the implant, the more likely it is to cause some drooping of the breast in time - just as large breasts do.
  • The width between the implants depends on the width of your breast bone - 
  • But these are all serious questions as most important, is selection of the implant size.
  • So return, take a friend, a snug tank top, a bra you want to fill out and try on sizers to be sure the implant selected is the best for you.
  • One cannot predict bra size from implants - bra sizes vary between manufacturers.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.

What #cupsize will I be after my #breastaugmentation #plasticsurgery

Hi Granny, Thank you for sharing your plastic surgery question and concerns.  Firstoff, I cannot stress enough the importance of direct communication with your plastic surgeon and his or her operative team.  It sounds like you may benefit from doing either 3-D imaging or an implant sizer try-on session to potentially have greater clarity and confidence in your size options.  Regarding cup size, rarely will a plastic surgeon be able to guarantee a cup size--this is because bra manufacturers all differ in their measurements and there is no correlations between breast implant size and cup size.  Again, I strongly urge you to communicate directly with your plastic surgery office.  I hope this has been helpful.  Very best, -Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width.

Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Thank you for the question. There is no accurate/reliable/predictable correlation between size/profile breast implant utilized and cup size achieved. Online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

470 cc impalnts

You will for sure be big an dlooking at your phot I think you will have nice cleavage.I think 470 is a bit much but I have not examined you.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon