9 week post op incisions healing! Advice please! (Photo)

Some of my incision sites are looking like this after 9 weeks - most specifically the ones at the back of my legs. Is this normal as the others are so small? If so what can I do??

Entry site scars

No need to worry at this point. Some areas take longer to heal and can take up to 6 months to evaluate any resulting scar. We are getting great results for scars with microneedling regardless of the cause.

Overland Park Family Physician

Looks pretty normal for 9 weeks postop. Give it time; over 6 months. Don't worry, it takes a while to heal well. They usually fade and smooth. Good Luck

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN

Scars on Body -- Fraxel/Microneedling, Sculptra/Fat/Bellafill, Subcision, Pulsed Dye Laser; Medical Tattooing

Scars develop when people have surgery and this looks normal for healing.  If you are concerned lasers can be started and i suggest silicone based scar gels with growth factors.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Give it much more time

legs tend to scar worse and take much longer to fade and settle down. Try and  forget about it for a year. it will definitely improve but it will take many months. you can try to speed things up with one of the scar creams but mostly it just takes a long time.david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon