Pronounced line under eyes extending to cheek? (Photos)

I am only 28 and it is really affecting my confidence. I have two lines when I smile. One extends out from the eye horizontally. The other one bothers me more as it extends diagonally out from under my eye on to my cheek area and is very noticeable. Is there anything that I can do? Photos show non smiling vs smiling when they are more pronounced.

Lines extending out from eyes

I would recommend starting with Botox.  This is non-invasive and would be easy to start with.  See an experienced cosmetic physician.

Regards,

Dr. Ort

Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and fillers

Hi Anna, since the lines are there when you smile and not there when you don't they are causes by muscle movements, which can be corrected with Botox. It would be about 10 units of Botox per side. I wouldn't recommend fillers for you yet, since you're not concerned about hollowness under your eyes and don't have wrinkles when you don't smile.

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

Eye wrinkles

looking at your photo I think you would benefit from a combination of Botox and fillers. Botox is great for those wrinkles extending out horizontally but it is more risky to Botox the lines under the eyes. I prefer to fill these lines with filler, as well as address the tear trough under the eye. Seek professional consultation with a derm or plastic surgeon. 

Roni Munk, MD
Montreal Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and fillers

This is a common complaint and can be corrected with some botox and fillers (not excessively).

Firas Al-Niaimi, MSc
London Dermatologist

Under Eye lines Extending to Cheek

Dear AnnaMeg:

Looking at your photos you would benefit from small doses of Botox to soften up some of the lines as well as filling of your tear trough with a filler like Teosyal Redensity II.  Please see an expert injector. All the best.