Surgery to fix a "chubby" vagina?

I would like to have surgery to fix my chubby vagina. I have a VERY puffy and wide vagina. I bought a regular thong and my vagina was too chubby and wide to be covered. Also when I wear tight things you can see the outline of my vagina from the side (if you know what i mean. It's puffy.) I want to know what would I need to fix this. what surgeries and an estimated cost. I just really want a very small and flat vagina so I can feel & look better. It's so embarrassing.

Surgery for "chubby" vagina

There are several options for procedures that help correct and reduce the vaginal lining and size. The lining of the vagina can be reduced, removing excess and redundant mucosa decreasing the diameter of the canal. The muscle ring, pubococcygeus, at the entrance or introitus can be tightened.  These procedures along with exercises such as Kegles can help keep the muscle tone in this area.  Aesthetic Vaginoplasty, in many cases, can increase friction during intercourse, giving women more control of vaginal muscles, increasing sexual satisfaction, while also creating a more attractive and appealing appearance to the vaginal area.

Labia Majora and Labia Minora

Thank you for your question.  Prominent labia majora may result in the "chubby" vagina that you are describing.  You may also have large labia minora contributing to your issue.  It is more challenging to determine your specific condition without photographs.  Reducing the fat and skin of the labia majora and reduction of the skin of the labia minora (if necessary) may be beneficial.  A thorough examination to best evaluate your specific condition would allow the ability to offer patient-specific recommendations.  For a consultation, New Jersey to Cleveland, Ohio is a short plane ride and only a few hour drive.   Best of luck.     

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic Urologist - Cleveland, OH)

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP
Cleveland Urologist

"Chubby" vagina

A “chubby” vagina is usually caused by enlarged labia majora, the outer lips of the female genitalia. To reduce their prominence, liposuction can be performed. Skin may also be removed to further contour the area. It is important that the results are balanced with the  inner lips, known as the labia minora, This procedure is called labiaplasty. Liposuction can also be performed on the mons.

Chubby Vagina

Hello Erica, of course we can help after evaluating and decided to see what you need, but according to your description is a vaginoplasty mountains of venus decrease the cost ranges 3000 dollars. It would better help with photos.

Miriam Luciano
Dominican Republic

Miriam Luciano, MD
Dominican Republic OB/GYN

Chubby vagina

Dear Ericaj

When women speak of a "fat" or "chubby" vagina they usually are talking about the labia majora and sometimes even the mons pubis area that connects to the upper labia majora.  Women with this condition usually need to be evaluated and often need liposuction of the mons (possibly) and the labia majora and then have the skin reduced of the labia majora so she doesn't end up with saggy skin in this area.  

This would be no different than a woman who loses a ton of weight and then they have loose flabby skin.  At that point they need the labia majora skin reduced. Now you might not need all of what i have mentioned, the only way to know is to be evaluated.   Please see the link below.

John R Miklos MD
Urogynecologist & Cosmetic Vaginal Surgeon
Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

Chubby vagina

Your outer lips (labia majora) are probably enlarged with fat and skin excess. This can be reduced by removing the excess skin  and the fat.  I have published on this reduction of the labia majora in textbooks and medical publications. If done correctly, the discomfort is mild and the result is excellent.

Gary J. Alter, M.D.
Beverly Hills, CA  - Manhattan, NYC

Gary J. Alter, MD

Options for "Chubby Vagina"

Good Morning,
Thank you sharing on such a sensitive topic. The short answer is yes as to whether something can be done surgically to help you "look and feel better". Your best starting point would be a detailed exam from an experienced cosmetic Gynecologist/Urogynecologist surgeon to assist you in obtaining your goals. This would be important because to achieve what you have described may in fact require a combination of procedures as is frequently the case in these situations. 
Best Wishes to achieve your success.

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician

Chubby labia

your concerns are real and should be addressed by an experienced GYN cosmetic or plastic surgery specialist since it is appearance rather than function that is your concern. There are Dr.'s on this site who do this regularly, probably in your area.  Good Luck.