My Right breast implant keeps getting an infection. Any suggestions? (photos)

on the scar I noticed a hole leaking fluid. PS she gave me antibiotics, went away until last week. I woke up in agony and the implant was swollen and painful I had a fever and felt sick. PS gave me a round of AB which I am still on. now, it looks like the implant is causing a lump in my skin. I am very skeptical considering this is the 2nd time. PS thinks it was a stich that never dissolved causing the infection and said when I finish the meds she will cut open in office to see if she can find the stich.

Contact Your Surgeon About Infection

Always contact your plastic surgeon if you have concerns about post-operative infection, bleeding, swelling, fever, excessive bruising, or any new and sudden changes in the feeling or look of your implants, breasts or incisions.

Any of the following may be post-op difficulties, about which it is best to contact your surgeon directly:

·       Excessive bleeding (hematoma) and bruising

·       Reduced sensation of #nipple

·       Deflation/rupture

·       Capsular contracture

·       Wrinkling/rippling. Palpable and/or visible

·       Firmness, and distorted appearance

·       Interference with breast feeding

·       Mammogram interference

·       Cost for revision surgery if necessary

·       Calcium deposits in the tissue around the implant

·       Breast tissue atrophy/chest wall deformity

·       Hypertrophic scarring

·       Tissue loss

·       Infection requiring antibiotics or implant removal

Breast augmentation question

First off, you need to be seen by your surgeon without delay for evaluation and possible treatment. Please call them right away.

When a breast implant infection occurs  a course of oral or IV antibiotics may be tried to see if it improves. If it does not or only improves temporarily consideration must be given to returning to the operating room for a more formal procedure. This could include opening the pocket, washing it out and placing a new implant. Alternatively, in some instances the implant  is left out until the infection has completely cleared. It is then replaced at a second operation.

In the event that you have a superficial infection that does not extend all the way to the breast implant antibiotics and/or a small procedure in the office may be sufficient.

All of these things need to be decided by your surgeon following a thorough exam and work up.

Infection?

It looks and sounds like an infection and you may have to have the implant removed. Best to see your surgeon ASAP.

See your plastic surgeon

From a photograph - it doesn't appear that your implant is infected.  However, that is from a photograph.  What bothers me is your systemic symptoms,  "fever and feeling sick."  I would suggest returning to your plastic surgeon for a complete and thorough examination, blood test and xray tests, etc.  When did you have your implant?