I have residual swelling below my eyes (eye bags) 4 months post upper and lower blepharoplasty.

He says he can insert a needle and cauterize this residual swelling which should do the trick, but that I should wait a little longer to see if it resolves on its own. What can you tell me about this procedure - have you heard of it and is it likely to be effective. How much bruising would this likely cause?

Require Photo for Elucidation

Without a photos it is impossible to understand what you are describing.  Post operative changes are not typically treated with cauterization.  Best of luck in your recovery and post a picture if you would like further opinions.

Moorestown Oculoplastic Surgeon

I assume you are describing chemosis.  This should be managed by an oculoplastic surgeon.  Please post a photo so we know what your are describing.

Eye residual swelling

I have never heard of cauterizing an area of swelling.  Usually swelling goes away with time. Best of luck.