Scars on Upper Arms

I have scars on both upper arms from a smallpox vaccination. They are a size of a dime and slight indented. I would really want to see them removed or least less noticeable. What do you think are the best treament? I am not sure what type of scar they are. They shines too.

Doctor Answers 2

Smallpox vaccine scar

It's difficult to say without a physical exam but if they are significantly indented then a fat tranfer might be possible.  I would suggest going in to see a board-certified plastic surgeon for a one-on-on consultation.  Good luck!


Dr. Singer

Manhattan Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 25 reviews

Scars on Upper Arms

You need to see boarded surgeons to determine if the risk benefit ratios of revisional scar are in your favour. Be careful out there. 

Darryl J. Blinski, MD
Miami Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 174 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.