I'm Scared That I Caused Damaged to my Muscles From Getting Up Too Rapidly?

I had a Tummy Tuck 7 days ago and on the 7th day early in the morning my alarm clock was set all volume on high at 6 am by accident by my 3yr old daughter and I got so scared and jumped and sat up too fast and it was very painful on my upper abdominal muscles, now I'm scared that I caused damaged to my muscles? is that possible?

Damaging the plication after a tummy tuck is unusual.

More than likely, sitting up rapidly simply put stress on the repair and will make you sore for a few days. Be sure to bring this to your surgeon's attention during your next postoperative appointment so that the proper examination can be done. It is difficult to disrupt the plication by flexing the abdomen.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Injury post tummy

This is not uncommon.i would not worry about it.I think you will do fine.Soem tightness and soreness after a tummy tuck is normal.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Damage too muscle repair

I have never had a patient damage the muscle repair after an abdominoplasty.  While it could occur, I think it is very unusual.  I believe the discomfort is just due to the fact that you strained the muscle a bit by getting up quickly and this should improve with time.  Follow up closely with your plastic surgeon.

Thank you for the question and best of luck.

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Injury to muscle tightening?

It is unlikely you did any damage to your muscle tightening.  But given you pain, you likely "strained" your muscles a bit.  But please check in with your plastic surgeon so he/she can assess your abdominal wall.  Best of luck.