Is there anything that can be done about my scar? (photo)

I had a steroid injection to flatten a raised scar and then a laser treatment to remove it. The laser was quite aggressive and it removed most of the scar tissue. After the laser, it formed a scab and healed with another scar that is slightly raised. Would it be worth it getting it lasered again or is there something else I can do to make it less noticeable?

Cutting scars need Plato's Scar Serum, IIT, and fractional laser

I would recommend a combination of IIT, fractional lasers, and pulsed dye laser to help improve your cutting scars. 

Best, Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Treatments Of Poorly Healed Scars

Unfortunately, you do not say in your question, how old this scar is. This is very relevant information in analyzing your options.  If you have only had a single injection of steroid, it may be in your interest, to have a couple of more steroid injections at longer intervals, and then allow some time to pass before evaluating its healing.  At this point, I do not believe it is worth the money for you to pay for further laser treatments of the scar. 

The scar itself is not in an ideal orientation, nor is it in a location where scars tend to heal with the thinnest possible line.  In general, you should wait about a year before making an assessment about whether to revise a scar. If you do decide to have your scar revised, you should realize that you are essentially making a decision to trade one scar for another, with the gamble that the resulting scar will be better than what you have now.  

Peter Lee, MD, FACS