What Do I Do with Scar Tissue Left After Overcorrected Eyelid Surgery?

I had upper eyelid surgery 2 months ago that was over aggressive. There was a breakdown of trust with my surgeon who says he can do nothing to help me. I live in a small country where there is no oculoplastic surgeon so I made arrangements to travel in around 2 months to see one in another country. In the meantime, I have noticed some scar tissue in the inner corner of one eye that pulls & bothering me a lot when I blink. Do I arrange to travel sooner even though I still have a little swelling?

Doctor Answers 1

Scar tissue after eyelid surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Wait!  I think you are planning to do the right thing by seeing an oculoplastic surgeon.  I cannot think there will be any harm in waiting.  Meanwhile, try massaging some topical hydrocortisone into the scar twice daily.

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 140 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.