Scar Revisions On Extended Tummy Tuck!

I researched and did my homework went to the Best Dr. here in the O.C. but I was left with really HIGH scar's in the back of my body I feel SO sad~ this was supposed to be down by my butt crack that's what we had decided~(me and the Dr.) now this scar shows even when I wear Grannie panties~let alone jeans or a bathing suit~ I'm 4 1/2 weeks post op~how long do I need to wait until I can have a Scar revision and SHOULD I be the one to have to pay for this after just paying 23,000.00 or the Dr. ?

Doctor Answers 3

Extended tummy tuck scarring

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Try to be patient. Your scar is in the inflammatory phase of healing and probably at its worst right now. I don't think you can experience much change in its location but it could fade out drastically in the months to come so it is too early to be thinking about scar revision. Time can be a great healer.

Unhappy with scar from extended tummy tuck

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You are still very early in the healing process. Give this time for the skin to "stretch" and the swelling to subside. The scars may actually settle a little bit lower. If this does not occur, it may be possible at around a year or more to slightly lower the scasr thoughthe ability to accomplish this would depend on several factors.

As regards to costs, hopefully this issue was discussed prior to your surgery.

Good luck!

Steven Turkeltaub, MD
Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 33 reviews

Scar location

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Give things time to settle down. However, the scar will probably not migrate too much lower than it is now.  Howver, in a year's time, you may be able to lower them a bit more with a scar revision.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 30 reviews

You might also like...

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.