What exactly is scar revision-ie how is it done? Can my mastectomy scars be improved of shortened? (photo)

Scar revision

A scar revision is performed to improve the scar appearance if it is possible. It really depends upon how things have previously healed and how they look now.

What is a Scar Revision

In the simplest case, a scar revision would involve excising or removing the previous scar and closing this incision.  The scar revision is helpful with widened scars, hypertrophic scars, keloid scars, and a variety of other issues.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA