I want to reshape my nose and get implants in chin or jaw, what would you recommend? (Photo)

I want a narrow nose, i want IT to be cute from All angles. And i want a more defined jaw And chin. Fillers or implants? So what would you AS a DOC recommend me to do??

I want to reshape my nose and get implants in chin or jaw, what would you recommend?

Dear scandinaviangirl, It is interesting how many times I have seen the second to last photograph in patients wish list for noses. With that said, you may have a rhinoplasty to narrow your bridge and tip slightly however I think cheek fillers would be the answer to bring a more feminine balance to your facial aesthetics. I do not see any need for chin or jaw implants. Once the cheeks are full you will have a nicely balanced face with or without rhinoplasty.  Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Nose reshaping and jawline refinement

You present with an interesting situation. While your nasal base is a bit wide, you also have a low dorsum, which makes your nose look wide from the front. The profile view resembles a pseudo saddle deformity. I would address this by using your own septal cartilage to augment the dorsum with narrow onlay grafts to correct the  saddle and give the dorsum a narrower, slender contour. This would bring your nose and chin into better balance. I don't recommend chin implants for this reason.

Harrison C. Putman III, MD
Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and chin implant combination

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish narrowing and refining the nose.  The bridgeline is narrowed with osteotomies and the tip can be conservatively narrowed as well.  All of this can be accomplished with a closed rhinoplasty approach, with all of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose.  The side profile photograph also demonstrates a weak and recessive chin profile for which a small chin implant can be placed to give adequate projection to help with facial balance and proportions, especially with respect to the nose.  For many rhinoplasty/chin implant before and after results, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty and fillers

I think a rhinoplasty might be reasonable after a thorough exam in person. I would go with fillers to the cheeks. I do not think you need a chin implant.

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty and cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve your overall appearance.  Mandible implants are a possibility but you may want to start with fillers..  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Chin implants and rhinoplasty

Hello! Chin implants will improve projection of the chin but not change your frontal profile much if at all. The angle of your mandible or jawbone could be augmented with fillers or implants to improve the frontal facial shape that is shown in the model photographs. A rhinoplasty would improve the contour, height and width of the nose but it is important to have realistic expectations with regards to what can be accomplished with YOUR nose, as it will not necessarily look like the photos you show, nor should it with your facial shape. Find an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to morph your photos to help you understand what can be realistically achieved. Good luck!

Catherine Winslow, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for the "cute nose"?

this type of nose is possible if you select a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who is able to show you examples of his work that showed noses like this. I need better photographs to determine exactly what would be done to the nose and or the chin.  The way to take these photographs is described on my website and those of others.