Do I need a lift with an augmentation ? (photos)

I am 58 years old am 5'4 and 118 pounds . What size implants would work well for me

Do I need a lift with an augmentation ?

Thank you for your question and photo. You definitely need an uplift whether you get implants or not. You nipples point downward and are below your breast crease, called the inframammary crease or IM crease. An implant would actually make your nipples point downward even more without an uplift. The prettiest breasts are those with the nipples in the center of the breast mound

An uplift (a mastopexy) is an excellent procedure to give your breast a better shape and contour. There are scars, but you should never have "stitch" marks, and usually the scars are fairly inconspicuous. 

Best of luck to you.

You 100% need a lift

An implant by itself (no matter what style or shape or size) will not give you the results you want.  Look for pictures of breasts that you think are beautiful and that you would like to have as your result.  That will help you and your surgeon to choose the proper implant for you.  Best of luck and hope this helps.

-JGH

Breast augmentation

Yes it appears that you do need a lift with the breast implants. Your nipples are at the level of your infamammary crease which means you have ptosis. your result will not be good with out a lift

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Yes

Full lift is needed with breast implants. You should expect significant scars. Obtain consultation with board certified plastic surgeon in your area 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Breast lift to reshape the breasts, implants to add size

Thank you for your question and for your photographs.
The shape of your breasts indicate drooping, or ptosis, of the breasts.
A breast lift, known as a mastopexy, can be performed to reshape and restore a more youthful and pleasing anatomy.  
Often, the breast shape changes because of volume loss over time. Pregnancies and breast feeding often result in signficant volume loss and shape changes.  This is called "post-partum involutioinal atrophy".  This is usually best addressed with the restoration of volume with either breast implants, or with fat transfers, combined with lifting of the breasts.
The size of breast implant used, or the amount of fat transferred to the breast, will determine the final breast size, but may also change the type or degree of breast lifting performed by your surgeon.
These specific details are best reviewed in person with a board certified Plastic Surgeon.
Good luck with your surgery!

Daniel M. Calloway, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Lift

Since your nipples/areolas are pointing down on your breasts, a lift would be indicated to get a better augmentation result.  You would probably benefit from a periareolar or Benelli lift along with your implant. 

Do I need a breast lift with an augmentation ?

Yes, based on your photo you will need a breast lift in addition to implants. For more information please read the article below on lift with implants:

Lift or not

After looking at your photo you do need a lift.Your nipple is BELOW your inframammary fold and that makes you a candidate for a lift.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Lift with Implants

Breast lift surgery reshapes the breast for a pleasing cosmetic result.  Implants add volume.  A vertical lift should work well for you.  Try on sizers in your surgeon's office to determine how much volume you wish to add.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Lift and augmentation?

Hello and thanks for your question. I would prefer to perform a vertical breast lift in cases with similar anatomy. Without an exam it is impossible to say exactly what I would do for your case. It looks like you need a breast lift, but this can only be confirmed on examination. You appear to be a grade 2 or 3 level of sagginess of your breast tissue. In my office, patients with similar findings will be recommended a vertical or anchor breast lift and implants combination if the want the sagging to be reduced, lift the nipples to a more ideal location, and have better long term results. Best, Dr. ALDO.

Aldo Guerra, MD